also known as Julian Myers, Julian Myers Leavitt
Julian B. Myers is an attorney licensed to practice law in Mexico and California. Given his bi-cultural background, Mr. Myers is especially valuable in bridging the “cultural gap” that often arises in cross-border transactions. Julian B. Myers represents foreign and domestic clients with matters in the U.S. and abroad, assisting them with a wide array of legal matters, such as:
CORPORATE AND BUSINESS
· Business planning and entity selection.
· Entity formation, ongoing maintenance and compliance.
· Operational matters and fundamental changes (i.e. registration in other jurisdictions, annual reports, conversions, mergers and acquisitions, etc.).
· Corporate finance, securities and private placements.
· Corporate and business tax.
U.S. Activities of Non-Resident Aliens:
· Planning and creation of corporate and business structures for non-resident aliens doing business or investing in the U.S.
· U.S. tax planning for non-resident aliens.
· Real estate transactions and creation of real property ownership structures for non-resident aliens.
· Cross-border commerce and trade.
Foreign Activities of U.S. Nationals:
· Planning and creation of corporate and business structures in foreign jurisdictions.
· Cross-border tax planning (creation of structures seeking to minimize global tax and provide offshore asset protection).
· Real estate transactions and creation of real property ownership structures in foreign jurisdictions.
· Cross-border commerce and trade.
· Real estate transactions.
· Real estate financing.
· Creation and disposition of rights to real property (easements, licenses, etc.).
· Planning and creation of real property ownership structures.
· Planning, negotiating and documenting business transactions.
· Assisting clients in finding, developing and funding business opportunities.
· Preparing proposals, letters of intent, memorandums of understanding and contracts.
· Addressing legal issues that arise during any stage of a client's transaction.
Languages Spoken: Spanish, English
Licensed since 2005
Hourly ($350/hour), Fixed (Sometimes), Pro Bono (15%)
Cash, Check, Credit Card
|Award Name||Grantor||Date Granted|
|40 Under 40 Award||San Diego Metropolitan Magazine||2012|
|Partner||Higgs, Fletcher & Mack LLP||2002 - Present|
|Chief Legal Counsel||GE Capital Bank Mexico, S.A.||2000 - 2001|
|Associate||Noriega y Escobedo AC||1997 - 1999|
|Law Intern||Martinez del Campo, Del Rio Abogados, SC||1994 - 1996|
|Association Name||Position Name||Duration|
|American Bar Association||Member||2005 - Present|
|San Diego County Bar Association||Member||2005 - Present|
|State Bar of California||Member||N/A|
|San Diego Metropolitan||Borrowing Your Way Into Paradise||2007|
|Coronado Lifestyle||Can Foreigners Own Real Property in Mexico & Is It Safe?||2006|
|San Diego Metropolitan||Conducting Cross-Border Real Estate Transactions||2005|
|University of San Diego School of Law||N/A||Diploma in Tax||2012|
|Magdalen College, Oxford UK||European Union Law||Diploma in European Union Law||2003|
|University of San Diego School of Law||N/A||LL.M - Master of Laws||2002|
|Universidad Anahuac||Law||JD - Juris Doctor||1997|
|“The Baja Connection” program on KOOL 1040 am||Cross-border issues such as infrastructure, transportation, manufacturing, trade and commerce||2008|
|Future Visions Forum||Straight Talk From The Experts - Cross-Border Business, Real Estate and Corporate Law||2008|