Antonio Maldonado’s Answers

Antonio Maldonado

San Diego Business Attorney.

Contributor Level 4
  1. How to sue a foreign company

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Antonio Maldonado
    2. Jonathan H Levy
    3. Wojciech Zbigniew Kornacki
    4. David Samuel Willig
    5. Michael Charles Doland
    5 lawyer answers

    You may need a Canadian lawyer. Or a Mexican lawyer. It depends. The first step is to look at the contracts that you have with the client to determine what law applies and whether there is a mandatory forum selection clause (designating what courts will have to be used to resolve any disputes regarding interpretation or enforcement of the contract). You may want to first contact a lawyer located at the same place in Canada where the debtor is located. Such lawyer should be the first one you...

    Selected as best answer

  2. If I am providing security for a client, as a security company, can I enter a country and forcefully retrieve my abducted client

    Answered 12 months ago.

    1. Dana Howard Shultz
    2. Michael Charles Doland
    3. Wojciech Zbigniew Kornacki
    4. David Luther Woodward
    5. Antonio Maldonado
    6. ···
    6 lawyer answers

    Note that this is NOT an international business law question as was categorized by avvo. This question should be asked to US criminal defense attorneys and criminal defense attorneys for the applicable foreign country. This question shall be answered as general information only. Abduction or kidnapping of a person is a crime in most, if not all countries around the world. If a person was abducted in a foreign country then a police report or criminal complaint should be filed with the...

    3 lawyers agreed with this answer

  3. Has any business or corporate attorney here on Avvo purchased stock certificate software that they would recommend?

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Antonio Maldonado
    2. Pamela Koslyn
    3. Dana Howard Shultz
    3 lawyer answers

    There are several attorney service companies that give you the software for free if you use their services. CSC has a software program called customprint which I did not like and Blumberg has one called shareprinter which is ok. Otherwise you will have to setup a template using a word processing program or a desktop publishing program for this. At our office we buy blank template certificates and print the required information using shareprinter. Good luck!

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  4. Hello, I intend to purchase my friends home in Michoacan, Mexico from him directly. Can you help? Robby Adams 310-740-1529

    Answered 7 months ago.

    1. Antonio Maldonado
    2. Paula Brown Sinclair
    3. David Luther Woodward
    4. David Samuel Willig
    4 lawyer answers

    Robby, While the prior responses are generally true, here is my response to you: Yes. There are attorneys on that can help. Fortunately there is a small number of attorneys who are licensed to practice law both in the US and in Mexico. These are usually called dual-licensed attorneys. I am one of them. And yes, I can help you with your real estate transaction involving real estate in Mexico.

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

  5. Seeing a very experienced business litigation lawyer for a breaching of contract large case

    Answered about 6 years ago.

    1. Pamela Koslyn
    2. Antonio Maldonado
    3. Michael Hassen
    3 lawyer answers

    Questions that you might want to ask yourself are: Is the non-profit actually an entity that is separate from its "owner"? Does the non-profit actually own the "buildings" and does it really have "millions in their accounts"? Are there any valid defenses that the "non-profit" may raise against a breach of contact claim? The first thing that an attorney would have to do is review your agreement. Then get a detailed account from you as to what happened. Only then would an attorney know...