Eric D Martinelli’s Answers

Eric D Martinelli

Valencia Family Law Attorney.

Contributor Level 1
  1. My ex did not add the summer/winter vacantion on findings and order after hearing what can I do?

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Nadine Marie Jett
    2. Rhonda Diane Ellifritz
    3. Richard M Renkin
    4. Michael John Harrington
    5. Eric D Martinelli
    5 lawyer answers

    I also agree with my colleagues. I will address several additional issues. First, if you reached a written agreement at mediation, you may have a difficult time introducing statements made during the mediation process as all communications and discussions are confidential and not subject to disclosure per California Evidence Code section 1119 . However, if the terms of the mediation agreement were read on the record (assuming you discussed the terms of the winter/summer breaks), then you...

  2. I have been married seven years, two children and I am not working. How do I start filling for divorce and what am I in title?

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Tobie Brina Waxman
    2. Cathleen Elisabeth Norton
    3. Eric D Martinelli
    3 lawyer answers

    Thank you for your question. The divorce process is initiated by one of the parties filing a petition for dissolution with the court. Once the petition is filed, the other party is served and they have 30 days to file their response with the court. In Los Angeles County, the fee to file your petition for dissolution is $435.00. If you are unemployed, you may be entitled to a fee waiver. Likewise, the response fee for the other party is also $435.00. After the petition has been filed (or...