Heather Suzanne Orr’s Answers

Heather Suzanne Orr

Beverly Hills Litigation Lawyer.

Contributor Level 1
  1. What happens after a case is compelled into arbitration?

    Answered about 3 years ago.

    1. Frank Wei-Hong Chen
    2. Kevin Samuel Sullivan
    3. Heather Suzanne Orr
    4. Jeffrey Bruce Gold
    4 lawyer answers

    You must initiate the arbitration by filing a demand for arbitration with the entity required by your arbitration agreement. If your arbitration agreement does not specify an entity, you can select one yourself. I would recommend JAMS or AAA. I have arbitrated before both entities in California and have found their judges to be excellent. As far as timing, you would need to file as soon as practical. If you want too long, you will have to attend a status conference in Court with regard...

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

  2. Was sued in Civil Court but Judge made all defendants go to Arbitration. Can I refused to attend this Arbitration or not?

    Answered about 3 years ago.

    1. Robin Mashal
    2. Michael Charles Doland
    3. Daniel Milton Yamshon
    4. Heather Suzanne Orr
    4 lawyer answers

    In most instances when a party is judgment proof (i.e. there is no money to be had even if the case is won), the opposing parties will not have an interest in throwing good money after bad. By all means, do not ignore a Court order. That will never work out to your benefit. Instead, inform the opposing party and the arbitration service that you cannot afford to pay arbitration fees. It might be in your interest to provide documentation establishing your financial situation, but consult...