Mark R. Smith’s Answers

Mark R. Smith

Las Vegas Entertainment Lawyer.

Contributor Level 3
  1. I just bought a small retail store. Am I responsible for previous owners cable and signage bill?

    Answered about 1 year ago.

    1. Richard Edmund Hawkins
    2. Alicia G. Johnson
    3. Mark R. Smith
    3 lawyer answers

    I agree with the prior answers, that you should engage an attorney to conduct a review of the sales documents. While some may charge hourly, others may be able to quote a flat fee for this service.

  2. Getting out of giving 2 months notice!

    Answered about 1 year ago.

    1. Thomas D. Boley
    2. Mark R. Smith
    2 lawyer answers

    First, I would need to see YOUR lease and specifically the language regarding the 2 Months Notice. However, generally speaking when the lease expires, your tenancy would become a month to month tenancy (all other terms would remain), if you do not sign a new lease. Again, I would want to specifically review the subject lease, but it is unlikely that they could hold you to the two month notice on a month to month lease (i.e. your current lease expires and you do not sign a new one). Generally,...

  3. Divorce Discovery process

    Answered about 2 years ago.

    1. Jill K. Whitbeck
    2. Mark R. Smith
    2 lawyer answers

    Your wife's attorney does not have to propound Interrogatory questions or Requests for Admissions on you, but probably will. He/She will need to do so before the close of discovery date (there should be some sort of a scheduling order in the case). Once you are served with the written discovery requests, you will have 30 days to submit your responses and/or objections. If you do not have an attorney, I recommend you consider hiring one to assist you.