Based on 6 reviews
Help make it easier for other Avvo users to choose the right lawyer by sharing your experience with this attorney. It's fast, simple, and safe.
Lawyers: Use the Peer Endorsements section to provide input about other attorneys.
This lawyer will inflate your bill and will provide lower than average representation. She does know the law, I will give it to her. But she has missed great opportunities, especially when my then wife disobeyed a court order and specifically pawned items that were mine, out of spite. I had a hidden camera showing her and her family raiding the room where we agreed would be mine and only mine during the divorce proceedings. My then wife had used the excuse that I was not giving her any money, yet I had several recordings of her refusing my money. Why this did not generate an emergency hearing and this evidence presented to the court, I have no clue. She had her paralegal spend unnecessary long hours on copying and preparing for evidence the entirety of the email account linked to our family business, without me agreeing to do this, and without this "evidence" being used in court. Doing this alone cost me thousands of dollars.
I worked with Ms. Buescher in 2010 in a criminal matter. She and her staff were there for me the entire time. Ms. Buescher was successful in having my matter dismissed. I just recently retained Ms. Buescher for a post decree matter and again, she and her staff are excellent at working my case. I would recommend her to anyone who asks.
1) Total fees charged: $18,026.26 is inflated for representation not received on a simple case without children.
2) Months of important personal information went repeatedly misplaced. This caused unnecessary re-processing from several ‘misunderstandings’ made from this firm’s carelessness.
3) I was told to sign a Consent to Withdraw form on February 5th, 2009 as “Standard Procedure” by Ms. Buescher. Only the last page of this form (with my signature, but not the date) was used to withdraw as my Attorney of Record to give false appearance that I had recently agreed to this in October 2009 when Ms. Buescher had realized the severity of her mistakes in my case. I understand that the Az State Bar views these forms as unethical. I also understand Buescher Law has continued this practice with other clients for years. The signing of these Withdrawal forms grants Ms. Buecsher the ability to abandon your case at any time … even if it is unsettled (as was the case in my situation.)
4) Since Ms. Buescher’s withdrawal, I am unable to find other legal representation. I am told my case is “too much of a liability to assume” due to the situation Ms. Buescher had left it in.
5) Ms. Buescher left my case in settlement with several unsettled issues. Other attorneys have told me they “have never seen this before.”
6) Against my request with Ms. Buescher, a forgiven vehicle payment was still denotated as “Non-Taxable Spousal Maintenance.” Since all Spousal Maintenance is taxable, I now have a conflict with the IRS. Also, I was never granted Spousal Maintenance to begin with.
7) My husband had violated the Preliminary Injunction after proceedings on January 28th, by moving $10,756.41 in community funds into an undisclosed bank account, before my Date of Service. Ms. Buescher never pursued this problem even though I brought it to her attention relentlessly for 8 months thereafter, and provided extensive proof.
8) Ms. Buescher was aware of the several other undisclosed accounts since February 2009. Initial full disclosure should have been June 12th, 2009. After my pressing, it was agreed (in the settlement agreement) they would be provided by October 30th, 2009. I have not received these documents for my husband’s 4 other hidden accounts. Because of Ms. Buescher’s incompetence, I have not been able to obtain thousands of dollars of my own savings.
9) Ms. Buescher never filed Request to Produce to hold husband accountable for full disclosure of all financial documents. I am unable to obtain cooperation from my husband or attorney to retrieve these documents or even fair community property division of my own savings.
10) Failure to defend client’s supported argument when husband intentionally manipulated values for vehicle. Proof I provided Buescher Law months prior was never submitted to husband until I pressed the issue in October 2009. My husband never was held to agree to the fair equitable vehicle value because Ms. Buescher never pursued this amount regardless of the countless months of valuations I had given her. (all of which I was told, kept getting “lost”)
11) Interrogatories and Financial Information I had resubmitted to Ms. Buescher in May 2009 were never provided to the opposing party until September 28, 2009, 4 months after it was received. Both parties are still arguing over unresolved issues contained within these documents which were left to resolve to the last minute. This mistake Ms. Buescher made- I was left to be condemned for in court as my husband’s attorney legally criticized me thru all court correspondence. Ms. Buescher lied saying that she had provided these documents to opposing party when she had simply forgotten.
12) Since Ms. Buescher had failed to provide these documents and issues contained within in a timely manner to opposing counsel, a Lodged Decree was placed against me claiming I was intentionally stringing out the court process to “line my pockets” as I was reviving “old issues.” These issues could have been resolved months earlier if Ms. B
i hired Jan Buesher in March 09.I promptly paid 5 grand to handle my divorce. She first contacted me mid July about my divorce. My case is being dismissed due to inactivity.She was one of the most unprofessional people I have ever delt with. This person has made a difficult situation impossible.
I would never recommend this lawyer to anyone unless you hate them.
Ms. Buescher and her staff really helped me thru a difficult time in my life. She was my sheild in the court room and made sure my concerns were heard by the Court and that everyone could see my spouse for who they truly are, which I felt noone could see thru his lies.