Tassma Ann Powers’s Answers

Tassma Ann Powers

Casper Estate Planning Attorney.

Contributor Level 6
  1. How can I be awarded custody pro se, when the mother is currently in jail for one felony and is facing more felony charges?

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Tassma Ann Powers
    1 lawyer answer

    Since this seems like an important issue (your child(ren)) you should hire an attorney or get some local legal advise. Family law practice is court specific and can be difficult to maneuver pro se. However, you might check to see if there are legal forms or family law clinics that may assist you.

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

  2. Can an ex-wife be a beneficiary to her ex-husband's life insurance?

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Marion W. Cain
    2. Don Karotkin
    3. Tassma Ann Powers
    4. Brian Michael Malloy
    4 lawyer answers

    I am not entirely clear what your current relationship to the life insurance is. Owner? Current primary beneficiary. Generally, the life insurance company will pay benefits to the designated beneficiary. It will not care whether you are a current spouse. However, if you and your ex-husband had an agreement regarding the insurance as part of your divorce property settlement, then you should review it. This is a good question of how to preserve your rights and I encourage you to discuss...

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

  3. How do you find out if you have trust fund money? can you sue living parent if they spent it.

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. David L. Carrier
    2. Steven J. Fromm
    3. Tassma Ann Powers
    3 lawyer answers

    The right to recover against your father, as trustee, would depend on whom the beneficiaries were after your mother passed away. If your father was the beneficiary or one of the beneficaries, then your remedies may be limited. Either way, if you are a beneficiary then your are likely entitled to an accounting of the trust assets and expenses. In English, your dad should be able to demonstrate where the money went. You also may be entitled to a copy of the trust. At any rate, you should...

We're ready to help. Contact us today.