Skip to main content
Stephen Anderson

Stephen Anderson’s Answers

4 total

  • Can I transfer from Active Duty to the reserves?

    I took the LSAT and got a good score. I want to apply for law school and would like to know if I could transfer from active duty to reserves and how that works.

    Stephen’s Answer

    I agree talk to chain of command how close to ets and army reg does allow for early release if accepted in school .

    See question 
  • Miranda Rights, DUI (as a result of a an alergic reaction to the medication) is the DUI beatable? I was in a store at the time.

    I was prescribed anti-inflament medication (the ones you have to take with food). I followed the directions on the medication, after eating (Burger King). I drove 45 seconds to a store next to Burger King. When I went into the store, I began to...

    Stephen’s Answer

    In Colorado you can be charged with dui if the officer can establish you were driving a motor vehicle and that your ability to safely operate the vehicle was impaired by drugs or alcohol or both even to the slightest degree. Depending on the drug dictates whether it may impair and depending on the chemical test it may or may not detect presence of the drug. Most drug driving cases are very difficult to prove. You should talk to a local attorney in the county where you are being charged.

    See question 
  • Need some help in the realm of military law, who can convene the different courts-martial?

    Who can convene the different courts-martial. Articles 22-24 of the UCMJ aren't very helpful....what command level would a general, special, and summary court martial convening authority generally be? Any info would be great!

    Stephen’s Answer

    Each branch of the services delegates convening authority differently. However a basic guideline General courts martial convening authority is given to a base commander or the division commander, O6 and above. Special court martial authority may be delegated to the brigade commander or host tenant commanders. Summary court martial authority may be delegated to company commanders., Summary court martial are glorified Article 15 proceedings

    Steve A..

    See question 
  • I was charged for obstruction of a police officer but i did nothing wrong what can i do?

    they were looking for my boyfriend asked his cousin if he was in the room and he told him no then i came to the door he asked me i told him yes officer was just being a jerk and charged me and his cousin anyway.

    Stephen’s Answer

    Get an appointment with a local criminal defense attorney.We offer a free initial consultation and can explain your options. Stephen Anderson 719 473-9099.

    See question