Stephen Clark Harkess’s Answers

Stephen Clark Harkess

Wheat Ridge Bankruptcy Attorney.

Contributor Level 20
  1. I am a sex offender who has to register for the rest of my life so doesn't this mean the United States has declared they own me

    Answered almost 2 years ago.

    1. Christopher Daniel Leroi
    2. Stephen Clark Harkess
    3. Keith G Langer
    4. Michael Charles Doland
    5. Daniel Nelson Deasy
    5 lawyer answers

    Legally and gramatically there is a huge difference between registration and slavery.

    20 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. I was the victim of an auto accident. by a drunk driver who was sited. Had back neck shoulder injuries and concussion.

    Answered 11 months ago.

    1. Stephen Clark Harkess
    2. Francis M Smith
    3. Manuel Alzamora Juarez
    4. Andrew Daniel Myers
    5. Todd Frank Bovo
    6. ···
    7 lawyer answers

    You have an attorney. That is the person you need to talk to about this. There is no general rule about what your claim is worth. A lot will depend on your prognosis for recovery and the amount of insurance available to the defendant. These are things your attorney will be able to explore.

    14 lawyers agreed with this answer

    1 person marked this answer as helpful

  3. Can i sue over a ball of cheese found in cheetos?

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Stephen Clark Harkess
    2. Lisa Douglas
    3. Kevin Coluccio
    3 lawyer answers

    You can sue anyone for any thing at any time. You can't always win. In your case, at best you might win $5. Your best bet is to ask the store to replace the product and then move on with your life.

    14 lawyers agreed with this answer

  4. I cannot afford a lawyer for my husband facing first degree murder. How and where can I go or do to find someone pro bono ?

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Stephen Clark Harkess
    2. Andrew John Contiguglia
    3. Christopher Daniel Leroi
    4. Stephen Ross Cohen
    5. James Fulton Stanley III
    5 lawyer answers

    He needs to determine why the PD cannot help him. If the PD has a conflict he should be able to obtain representation through the office of Alternate Defense Counsel (ADC).

    Selected as best answer

  5. Just checking into the status of mt case. Toddducoing

    Answered 9 months ago.

    1. Stephen Clark Harkess
    2. Christian K. Lassen II
    3. Michael T Warshaw
    4. David Ian Schoen
    5. C. Donald Briggs III
    5 lawyer answers

    You will want to contact your attorney directly. This website is not the way to learn the specifics of your case.

    13 lawyers agreed with this answer

  6. Is it legal for a funeral escort driver to enter an intersection displaying a red light into the path of oncoming vehicles.

    Answered 8 months ago.

    1. Stephen Clark Harkess
    2. Christopher Daniel Leroi
    3. Christian K. Lassen II
    4. Philip Anthony Fabiano
    4 lawyer answers

    As an emergency vehicle, a funeral escort vehicle may: "Proceed past a red or stop signal or stop sign, but only after slowing down as may be necessary for safe operation" C.R.S. 42-4-108(2)(b). Further, "The provisions of this section shall not relieve the driver of an authorized emergency vehicle from the duty to drive with due regard for the safety of all persons, nor shall such provisions protect the driver from the consequences of such driver's reckless disregard for the safety...

    Selected as best answer

  7. I make to much for a public defender but not enough to afford an attorney what should I do for my DUI case.

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Nicholas Lubchenco
    2. James A Reed
    3. Stephen Clark Harkess
    4. John Lawrence Buckley
    5. Mark S. Solomon
    6. ···
    6 lawyer answers

    If you don't qualify for the public defender, you need to hire an attorney. This is one of the biggest problems you have in your life right now. It is going to affect you for some time. You need to do everything you can to borrow or raise the money to address it. Your other choice is to plead guilty and ask the Court for a lenient sentence. There really is no third option. You cannot win at trial representing yourself.

    12 lawyers agreed with this answer

  8. Is the use of a keylogger legal in Colorado (larimer County) and if so is the evidence useful in divorce settlement.

    Answered about 2 months ago.

    1. Stephen Clark Harkess
    2. David Littman
    3. Floyd Edwin Ivey
    3 lawyer answers

    If it is your computer then it is probably legal. If, however, she is given temporary or permanent possession of the computer and you do not immediately remove the keylogger, then you risking very serious criminal charges. It is possible that the District Attorney will prosecute such a case. I have seen this happen. I have no idea what kind of "evidence" you think you will learn that will be helpful to you. It is unlikely you will find anything that a Court will actually pay attention to...

    Selected as best answer

  9. Colorado Auto Accident - Attorney's actions -correct or incorrect? Has our attorney screwed up royally or not?

    Answered about 1 year ago.

    1. Stephen Clark Harkess
    2. Daniel Nelson Deasy
    3. Jeffrey Larkin Wertz
    4. Jeffrey Mark Adams
    5. Richard Waldron Bryans Jr.
    6. ···
    9 lawyer answers

    The problem with adding the wife to the lawsuit is that you would have to show that she did something wrong (you can't just sue people because they have more money - they actually have to have harmed you). In order to do this, you would have to have more facts than you outline above. Simply owning a car that is involved in an accident does not make you personally responsible for the damage. Letting your husband drive your car, without more, is not a wrongful act. If it was negligent to...

    Selected as best answer

  10. Chapter 13 convert to 7 ?

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Stephen Clark Harkess
    2. Deborah F Bowinski
    3. Robin Kert Hunt
    4. Jill A Michaux
    4 lawyer answers

    You are borderline for being able to qualify for a Chapter 7. Your income might disqualify you - although the analysis is more complicated than can be addressed on this forum. If you convert, you would likely lose the equity in the rental property. You can protect the equity in which ever property you live in, but if the rental can be sold for a net profit the Chapter 7 Trustee will do so.

    Selected as best answer