5.0 stars 8 totalReview Russell Hebets
From the initial conversation with Mr. Hebets I knew he was the attorney to hire. He and his staff are always available to answer questions and address concerns. Everyone is helpful and always willing to take phone calls!!!!!! In my opinion this is the best law firm in Denver!! Thanks for all of your help!!!!!!
I cannot say enough great things about Russell Hebets, how thankful I am for everything he did, and how grateful I am to have hired him as my legal counsel.
I was accused of hitting a pedestrian in a parking lot and though I knew I was being falsely accused my situation turned very serious very quickly. I originally hired a different attorney but after months of not getting anywhere and only having things get worse, despite the inconsistent and shortage of evidence against me, my husband and I decided to look for another attorney.
Some close friends of ours referred us to Russell so we scheduled a consultation with him and from the very beginning he has been phenomenal. Russell is the perfect combination of intelligence, empathy, and aggressiveness. He answered all of our questions thoroughly throughout the entire process, responded quickly to all or our requests, and always made sure to keep us updated on any new developments with the case without having to ask for them. Working with Russell lifted a huge weight off of our shoulders and allowed my husband and me to get back to living our lives knowing we were in good hands.
Russell is truly a genuine and caring person and my husband and I will forever be grateful for the hard work, empathy, and support Russell gave us with my case. His persistence and determination resulted in a full dismissal of all of the charges!
When you're arrested for a DUI, your world is turned upside-down. You're scared and distraught and it will be the worst experience of your life. I had contacted about 5 other lawyers, including some listed on this site and despite all of them punctually returning my calls and answering all of my questions, Russ was the only person that I felt comfortable standing at the helm of my atypical case. He's very polite and reasonable to talk to, answered all of my questions, even the trivial ones, and even after the judge has ruled, has kept open contact to answer any more questions. Of the things that make this attorney stand above all else were:
- He has a two-lawyer firm. I was assured it would either be himself or his partner on the day of my hearing (it was Russ anyway, he put time aside to represent me himself!) Read the contract you sign! Don't allow yourself to be caught in a firm that would allow a paralegal to represent you when you signed up for the face and the name of the person you hired. Russ doesn't use these awful tactics in his business.
- My questions via email, text and call were returned promptly. I never felt that he was just TOO busy to talk to me himself, and answer any questions that I had, even if he had already answered them. Sometimes, it's invaluable to talk to someone who actually knows how the game works and can give positive reinforcement, even when you're at your complete lows, and struggle to maintain a positive attitude about the ordeal yourself.
- His fees were appropriate for the time and effort he put in and with the way that everything turned out, he ended up being less expensive than other lawyers that I contacted. Read the contract! Other lawyers will charge significantly more money on the front end, even if they know the likelihood of trial is minimal! Russ doesn't do this!
- Russell's courtroom manner was incredible. I thought getting there early enough to talk to him and the D.A. would be a good thing. Even though I showed up 45 minutes early, Russ had been there earlier than me, negotiating with the D.A.s, (who were even on a first-name basis with him!) and had a settlement ready to talk about when I arrived. Other attorneys were arriving late to talk to the D.A. and some even interrupted my hearing time, still trying to negotiate with the D.A. Russ and the judge even knew each other and he was absolutely calm and professional the entire time. That was the point that I felt confident that I made the right decision, because looking back on all of the initial talks, the real meat of the reason I hired Russ was to have someone who was willing to bat for me. Instead of simply collecting his fees and showing up whenever, he cared about the judgement made and always gave me the option to make my own choices without pressuring me to do anything.
In review, Russ was the best man for my case. At no time did I feel insecure in my decision and I walked away with a deal that I felt was significantly more lenient than I thought would be offered and I feel like I wouldn't have had this if I had went another direction with my representation choice. Some fellow advice to others out there (probably frantically reviewing sites at 4 am when you've got to work at 8:30 am like I was):
- Take the advice of your lawyer (hopefully it's Russell!) and do the classes and anything else recommended immediately. Catch a bus or find a ride. Look for classes not held by a standard institution looking to cash in on your mistake. I found people that I could relate to and an instructor who is open to give advice that's seen thousands of people come through her door. It also can affect your ruling and sentencing portion significantly and helps you grow as a person in recognizing what caused you to make the mistake you made to begin with.
Just remember, you aren't alone. You aren't a terrible person. You will get through this. Hire this gentleman and let him guide you.
Posted by Harold
Everyone knows at least one joke about lawyers, are you thinking of your favorite? I hired Russell Hebets to handle some traffic related issues I had here in Denver. From the beginning he was professional, knowledgeable and took the utmost care in resolving my dilemma. High praise also goes to his partner Colin McCallin, who had to stand in for Russell at one of my appearances. Because of their reputation and the great relationships they have in the community, these guys were able to advocate for me and have my cases handled with minimal expense and very little hassle! If you are in need of lawyers in Denver, I would recommend Hebets & McCallin, and that's no joke!!
Posted by a client
I am a Chinese student. Last year I was arrested and charged by domestic violence. I am just student. If the charge completed, I will be deported. Russell help me lots and he told me some ways to avoid the bad position. Right now, my case was dismissed!! Russell is a very nice person and he reassure me lot.
Posted by Todd
I was a mess and felt hopeless after getting my second DUI that also involved a single car accident. I did my research on DUI lawyers and met with as many as I could. I decided to go with Russell Hebets after meeting with him as he made me feel confident in his abilities. It turned out to be a great decision, he delivered on exactly what he said he would and made the process as quick and painless as possible. I would highly recommend him to anyone going through a DUI.
Posted by Pat
My son was charged with a DUI. Russell Hebets was of immense help to our family, handling our case with calm and respectful professionalism. Russell was always available and patient and his informative and expert counsel helped us during a difficult time. Russell was recommended to us and I highly recommend him to others in need of criminal defense representation. Pat
Posted by a Domestic Violence client
Russell Hebets is the best attorney one can ever have. He is a five star attorney. Russell is very knowledgeable with the law and will do whatever it takes to win a case while maintaining his cool and professionalism in the judicial system-having an attorney who is respected in the judicial system is an asset. Another great asset about Russell is he is very compassionate and attentive to his clients. I also liked the way he had a one on one meeting with the District Attorney and professionally explained the case which led to a successful resolution.