Kristi Anderson Wells’s Answers

Kristi Anderson Wells

Littleton Divorce / Separation Lawyer.

Contributor Level 7
  1. My daughter's biological father refuses to sign the passport.

    Answered about 3 years ago.

    1. Kristi Anderson Wells
    1 lawyer answer

    You are not without options here. Go to the Department of State website: You will have to fill out the Form DS-11 - Application for Passport. In addition, you have to fill out Form DS-3052. If you have sole legal custody, you can submit evidence of that and get the passport without the biological father's permission. If you do not have evidence of sole legal custody, you can still apply and submit Form DS-3053 stating why the...

  2. Is it legal for a company to cancel thier 401k plan and not offer anymore or any type of alternate plan?

    Answered almost 5 years ago.

    1. Kristi Anderson Wells
    1 lawyer answer

    There is no legal requirement that an employer sponsor a 401(k) plan.

  3. COBRA Insurance... I have a couple questions.. who should be able to answer them, the 3rd party admin or my ex-employer?

    Answered about 5 years ago.

    1. Kristi Anderson Wells
    1 lawyer answer

    It isn't clear from your question whether you have received your COBRA Premium Subsidy Notice (which was due to be distributed by April 18, 2009), and whether or not your employer is still sponsoring a group health plan. But, since nobody seems willing to answer your questions, I would suggest that you go to the Department of Labor website for information regarding the COBRA premium subsidy ( Search the term "COBRA", then, once you are on the COBRA page, scroll down and look for...