Chayah Skye has been a licensed attorney since 2007. She currently has two primary legal practice areas – healthcare law and criminal defense. Her second and equal professional passion is investigating.
She served four years as an Army Judge Advocate with duties in administrative law, legal assistance, international/ operational law, and Trial Defense Services. During her time in administrative law, she frequently advised commanders and top-ranking officers on a wide range of critical legal matters. During Ms. Skye’s tour in international/ operational law, she was serving at Southern European Task Force, Vicenza, Italy, advising on complex international legal issues. She navigated language and cultural barriers, interpreting complex international law and unprecedented issues, working directly with the U.S. State Department, foreign embassies, and Italian administrative and governmental agencies. At Trial Defense Services, Ms. Skye defended Soldiers accused of all levels of felony and misdemeanor crimes. She also spent eight years in the Air Force serving as a Russian Crypto-linguist.
Chayah Skye is Of Counsel for Feldmann Nagel, LLC – http://www.colo-lawyers.com.
After graduating Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Art in Psychology from the University of Texas in San Antonio, Chayah Skye received her joint Master’s Degree in International Relations and Juris Doctor degree from St. Mary’s University School of Law. While pursuing her law degree, she served as a law clerk for Stumpf, Craddock, Massey, and Farrimond; Global Ag. Investments; and Hasdorff and Convery. She also interned with the St. Mary’s Legal Clinic for Indigent Defense. English is Ms. Skye’s native language, but she also speaks proficient Russian, conversational Spanish, and some Italian. She resides in San Antonio, Texas.
- J.D., St. Mary’s University School of Law
- M.A. with Honors, St. Mary’s University
- B.A., Cum Laude, University of Texas at San Antonio
- Healthcare Law
- Military, Federal, and State Criminal Defense
- Small Business Law
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- U.S. Army Court of Criminal Appeals
- U.S. Navy/Marines Court of Criminal Appeals
- Western District of Texas
- State of Texas
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Healthcare Financial Management Association
- American Bar Association – Health Law Section
- Texas Bar Association – Health Law Section
- Federal Bar Association – Health Law Section
- National Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association – Criminal Justice Section
- San Antonio Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Texas Disabled Veterans’ Association
- First Friday Senior Services Network