A Houston Immigration Attorney licensed in Texas and with over 12 years of experience practicing U.S. Immigration and Nationality Law. Substantial experience handling all areas of Employment-Based (EB) immigration, Family-Based (FB) immigration, Non-Immigrant Visa and Investment matters. Proven track record of success with a high approval rate of labor certifications cases with the U.S. Department of Labor (200+ approved cases) and more than 2500 combined approvals of various types including both, non-immigrant and immigrant visa petitions with USCIS. Mr. Lopez has bold experience handling cases involving IT Consultants and third party placements. He also participated in the preparation, review and filing of an EB-5 Regional Center designation application in Texas which resulted in its approval.
Mr. Lopez is admitted to practice law in all courts of the State of Texas, all Immigration Courts throughout the United States and the U.S. District Court of the Southern District of Texas. He holds a Master of Laws (LL.M.) Degree from the University of Houston Law Center (2002), a Juris Doctor (JD) and another Master’s Degree in Tax Laws (2000). He is a member in good standing of the State Bar of Texas, Texas Young Lawyers Association (TYLA), American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), American Bar Association (ABA), Houston Bar Association (HBA), and the Venezuelan Bar Association.
Mr. Lopez is a citizen of the United States, Spain (EU) and Venezuela.
- Employment-Based Immigration PERM - 1-140 (EB-1, EB-2, EB-3) and EB-5 (investment)
- Removal Defense and Bond Hearings
- Adjustment of Status & Consular Processing
- Work Permits (EAD) & Advanced Paroles (AP)
- Work Visas (H-1B - L-1A/B - TN's - O's & P's)
- Employer Compliance (I-9 Compliance Review & Sanctions - E-Verify)
- Investor Visas [E-1 (Treaty Trader) - E-2 (Treaty Investor)]
- Family Immigration [Immediate Relatives of USC's & LPR's - Fiance Visas (K)]
- Citizenship & Naturalization