Skip to main content
Robert Bamberger Greiwe

Robert Greiwe’s Answers

18 total

  • Wrongful death case evaluation question

    wrongful death case suspect had 2 million policy I have a scenario about case evaluation scheduled in a month 3 lawyers appointed by the court both defendant lawyer and plaintiff lawyer talk about how much the case is worth and case eval...

    Robert’s Answer

    I am sorry to hear that you have to deal with a wrongful death issue at all.

    If you have an attorney, you should contact her/him and have them explain the answers to your questions. If you don't have an attorney, you should contact one ASAP. If you want some more information on wrongful death actions and other similar actions, you can click here.

    Good luck.

    See question 
  • Severe Off and On Pain 8 Months After Car Accident - No Help

    I was in a car accident a little over 8 months ago. I had eye injury, broken brow bone & swelling but ER doctor only put down eye sprain. The next day, my attorney sent me to his chiropractor. He took x-rays & regular exam - he listed that I had ...

    Robert’s Answer

    I am sorry to hear about your car accident and the lingering physical issues you describe above. I am even more sorry to hear that you are unable to obtain representation to help recover the damages to which you may be entitled.

    Most personal injury attorneys accept cases on a contingent fee basis. Visit for information on fee types and what to expect after an injury.

    In the mean time, you should try to find another doctor. It may also be helpful to request the medical records from the chiropractor your attorney sent you to see. You could take those records to the next doctor you see so they have more information to help determine the causes of your pain.

    Good luck and well wishes.

    See question 
  • I was served a very large piece of machinery in my orange juice at McDonald's. Do I have a case?

    I did not get food poisoning. I was startled when I found it,Damn near wrecked my car, and now I have to go to a chiropractor to get back adjustments, I don't have the money for that. This was a 4 inch long by 1 inch wide piece of plastic with rub...

    Robert’s Answer

    You MAY have a case against McDonalds. You should file a report with McDondalds, and inform them of your need to see a chiropractor. If you feel better after that initial doctor/chiropractor visit, there may not be damages worth pursuing.

    With every lawsuit (very general information coming) there are two sides to the injured person's (called the plaintiff/you) case--a liability side and damages side. We must show that McDonalds did something wrong on the liability side. There shouldn't be a large piece of plastic in your coffee. There is no disputing that; so, the liability side of your potential case would appear to be solid.

    Without any substantial injury, the "damages" side of your case wouldn't be as strong. Damages are things you can recover in lawsuit. (Again this is very general explanation.) So, if you have minimal doctor's bills and no continuing or lingering pain or other issues, I would try to negotiate the payment of those bills with McDonalds.

    However, if you learn that your injuries are more serious, you should immediately contact a personal injury.

    See question 
  • How much is my case settlement worth?

    I had a car accident in October 2012. My hospital(just emergency) bills are $17,000 plus 5 MRIs 1 xray. MRIs show no damage. My car was totaled and they paid for everything already. Altogether my medical bill is $27,000. I am trying to settle my ...

    Robert’s Answer

    As many of the attorneys have stated, it is tough to say what "you should expect" with regard to your settlement value without an exhaustive look at all the facts and information involved in your specific situation. However, I wouldn't expect anything reasonable from an insurance company when dealing with them without an attorney. At least, not with its first few offers.

    I would contact a personal injury attorney in your area or, at least, go here for more information before accepting a settlement:

    Good luck!

    See question 
  • I was passenger in "not fault" car auto accident in Oregon. Want to settle but treatment still ongoing..

    I was passenger in an automobile accident at the other car with the at fault driver. I sustained whiplash and sprained cervical something and I'm still going to chiropractor 3 months later 4 times a both cars were totaled it went to emergency and ...

    Robert’s Answer

    I am sorry to hear about your situation. If you were hurt and are continuing to treat you shouldn't rush to settle with the other driver's insurance company. If you were riding with the "at-fault" driver, you may be able to recover from his insurance.

    There are times when people don't need to hire an attorney, but this may not be one of those times. (

    You could try talking to the insurance companies yourself, but you would likely obtain a fairer settlement amount with the help of an attorney.

    Hope you continue to improve. Have a great day.

    See question 
  • Is there a class action suit against the makers of prednisone? In the last 2 years I have been diagnosed with osteonecrosis.

    There may come a day when I cant walk due to the use of prednisone. I was diagnosed with osteonecrosis 2 years ago and have broken several bones due to the brittleness of my bones. I have used prednisone for years and now in the last two years it ...

    Robert’s Answer

    I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing unwanted side-effects from taking prednisone. There does not appear to be any class action litigation involving prednisone at this time. The main reason is that the drugs side-effects are well documented and the drug has been well studied. I would discuss changing medications with your primary care physician.

    See question 
  • If a child has not been in a particular foster home for the past 6 months can the foster family still adopt over family

    My niece passed away in a car accident. Her children were in foster care at the time in Florida. I want to adopt them but there is a family currently residing in SC that had the children in foster care over 6 months ago. They want to adopt as well...

    Robert’s Answer

    I am sorry to hear about the loss of your niece. Family law is very state specific. You should contact a family law or adoption attorney in Florida ASAP. More than likely you will not be charged for the initial consultation and they will be able to explain the specific law and requirements for adoption in your situation.

    See question 
  • Purchased a used vehicle from a small dealership on 2/7/13. outcome? 3 tows, 1 recall, 1 almost accident, still no tags, more.

    Purchased a used vehicle from a dealership in Riverside California on 02/07/2013. I was told that the vehicle was never in an accident (it was) and that the vehicle had no major repair done on it (it did.) The sales manger & sales assistant w...

    Robert’s Answer

    I am sorry to hear about your situation. You should speak with an attorney who handles consumer protection issues in your area. Most attorneys will review your situation with you for free. Also, I would not take the advice of the finance company. The only interest it has is in getting its money.

    See question 
  • Can you sue an OBGYN for putting in the nexplanon birth control wrong and it put you in the hospital?

    I got the nexplan on a thursday, and had to get it removed on a friday because my arm was swelling and i lost complete and total feeling in my lower left arm. they sent me to the hospital the same day, i styayed in the hospital all night, and they...

    Robert’s Answer

    Yes. You can sue your OBGYN for malpractice. Unfortunately, this does not mean that you will be able to recover. Medical malpractice claims are very complex so it is important to find an attorney who specializes in those types of claims.

    I am sorry to hear about your situation and wish you the best.

    See question