Back to Ann’s Profile

Ann Massey Badmus’s Answers

Ann has answered 8 questions

  • Can a U.S. citizen marry and legalize an illegal alien without the immigrant going back to his country

    Asked by a user in Pittsburgh, PA - about 6 years ago.

    It is possible for an illegal alien to obtain legal status through marriage to a U.S. citizen without leaving the U.S. but it depends upon the immigration history of the illegal alien. An...

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

  • Is it possible to obtain a green card if the woman can prove she was abused ?

    Asked by a user in Philadelphia, PA - about 6 years ago.

    In certain circumstances, immigration law does offer an avenue to permanent residence (green card) to foreign nationals married to abusive U.S. citizens or permanent residents. Because these are...

  • Upgrade of I-130 for spouse

    Asked by a user in Brooklyn, NY - about 6 years ago.

    Assuming that your wife was admitted into the U.S. legally, she can now file the I-485 application to adjust status to permanent resident. Along with the I-485, you would submit the I-130 receipt...

  • L2 to H1B Conversion Immigration question

    Asked by a user in Springfield, IL - about 6 years ago.

    May I ask why you want an H-1B visa for your spouse? If it is simply to work, with L-2 status, he can apply for the employment authorization document (EAD). He does not need the H-1B visa. The EAD...

  • H-1 status after 6th yr expiry while PERM is in process.

    Asked by a user in San Francisco, CA - about 6 years ago.

    If your labor certification is not approved and your H-1B expires, there may be other visa options available to you. However, each visa has specific requirements so it is important that you consult...

  • I-130 question - sibling and work

    Asked by a user in Norfolk, VA - over 5 years ago.

    A tourist visa (visa waiver) generally cannot be extended and does not authorize work in the U.S. However, there may be other options for your sister to work in the U.S. depending upon her...

  • Occupation limitations (From OPT to H-1B)

    Asked by a user in Baltimore, MD - about 6 years ago.

    Based upon the information you have provided, if the computer/IT related job requires a bachelor's degree in computer science or related degree, you can still apply for the H-1B even though you have...

  • Can an unused H1 visa converted to new employer.

    Asked by a user in New Orleans, LA - about 6 years ago.

    Technically, there is no "conversion" of an H-1B from one employer to another. However, your potential employer can file a new H-1B petition for you. With premium processing (fast track), the new...