Christopher Dean Smith’s Answers

Christopher Dean Smith

Oklahoma City Business Attorney.

Contributor Level 2
  1. Child support concerns

    Answered 3 months ago.

    1. Kevin H. Pate
    2. Christopher Dean Smith
    3. Mark Keller
    3 lawyer answers

    Child support calculations in Oklahoma are based on a number of factors, including both parties' income and respective overnights with the children. In order to get a better idea of what you should be paying, or what is potentially owed in back child support, you would want a family law attorney to review your existing child support order, with payments made, and calculate current child support based on both parties income, health insurance premiums for the children, number of overnights with...

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. Can child support still be collected after an adoption?

    Answered 3 months ago.

    1. Kevin H. Pate
    2. Lorraine Miguel Medeiros
    3. Christopher Dean Smith
    3 lawyer answers

    You have asked a number of questions that are not easily answered without a review of the records filed within the adoption. Your statement that "child support was then canceled by DHS" raises a number of questions that would need to be answered by a review of your file. If an arrearage existed at the time of the adoption, it may have been addressed at that time. It would be very wise of you to seek counsel and have them review the records surrounding the matter. That would be the only way...