- Grew up in Memphis, Tennessee & Bolivar, Missouri.
- Graduated in 1994 from Southwest Baptist University in Bolivar, Missouri, with a Bachelor of Arts in English with minors in Business Administration, History & Political Science.
- Graduated in 1997 from University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, with a Juris Doctorate. After successfully passing the bar exam, was sworn in as member of the Missouri Bar in 1997.
- Offers practical consulting and legal experience in business law, corporate transactions, document creation & review, estate planning, planned giving, wills, trusts, probate, LLCs & nonprofits.
- Assists clients in making educated, thoughtful decisions in all manner of legal matters & transactions.
- Routinely negotiates & drafts documents that make transactions practical & oversees transaction due diligence.
- Well-versed in litigation management and strategy, dispute resolution and mediation, managing numerous ongoing contracted attorney relationships across the US in ongoing complex litigation matters.
- Possesses broad expertise and understanding in planned giving, charitable estate planning, trust management, and probate, including charitable trusts, donor advised funds, and endowments, plus general charitable tax law issues, LLCs & nonprofits.
- Writes and presents trainings & seminars, particularly in the areas of business law, planned giving, estate planning, charitable giving, nonprofits and more.
- Experienced in project development & management, systems development and volunteer training & management, including a volunteer-driven program that produced estate planning documents for thousands of people across the United States.
- Co-founded a successful statewide traffic ticket legal help site, later expanding multistate (USTrafficTickets.com).
- Enjoys online life and information, producing and finding valuable content, pursuing ideas and influencing people through online connections.
Fixed (sometimes), Retainer (sometimes), Free consultation (60 minutes)
Cash, Check, Credit card
Are you an attorney? Endorse this lawyer
John has many years of Estate Planning experience and I have referred many friends to him for his services. He's very personable and approachable. He takes the time to make sure his clients understand the process.
William Worsham Criminal Defense Attorney
Relationship: Fellow lawyer in community
|MO||Good Standing, Active||1997||01/08/2013|
|Owner/Attorney||Vaughan Law, LLC||2007 - Present|
|Attorney||AG Financial Solutions||2007 - Present|
|Partner/Member||Worsham & Vaughan||2003 - 2007|
|Testamentary Services Attorney||Assemblies of God Financial Services Group||2000 - 2003|
|Attorney||Lowther Johnson Law Firm||1998 - 2000|
|Association name||Position name||Duration|
|Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association||N/A||1998 - Present|
|Enrichment Journal||Estate Planning the Right Way||2010|
|Enrichment Journal||Pastoral Probate Pitfalls, or How Encouraging People To Do Estate Planning Can Blow Up in Your Face||2010|
|Enrichment Journal||What If You Are Named Executor?||2010|
|Enrichment Journal||Executor Checklist||2010|
|University of Missouri - Kansas City School of Law||Law||JD - Juris Doctor||1997|
|Southwest Baptist University||English / minors in Business, History & Political Science||BA - Bachelor of Arts||1994|
|GO LEAD: Professional Development for the Nonprofit Sector||Planned Giving and Estate Planning Techniques||2014|
|Springfield Creatives Q&A||Documents are Magical: Using Good Contracts to Make Your Creative Life Easier||2011|