Irene Costas’s Answers

Irene Costas

Clayton Litigation Lawyer.

Contributor Level 4
  1. I lived with my parter for 14 years in his home in Independence MO. He passed away recently and did not leave a will.

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Irene Costas
    2. Steven J. Fromm
    2 lawyer answers

    Unfortunately you dont have many rights, if you do not have a written lease. Although he should give you thirty day notice before he changes rent or terms, it doesn't mean he will. Additionally, if the brother inherited the property he may considering selling it. You might want to consider looking for a new place. **The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based on advertisements. No attorney-client relationship is formed in this answer.**

  2. If one parent refuses to give their address to the other parent, is that considered kidnapping?

    Answered over 3 years ago.

    1. Irene Costas
    1 lawyer answer

    If you have a current divorce or paternity judgment which includes a parenting plan, then under Missouri law Dad is required to inform you of his intended address and contact information 60 days in advance of any move. To enforce this provision, you will likely have to File a Motion for Contempt. I recommend that you talk to a family law attorney in your area for further information