Based on 2 reviews
Help make it easier for other Avvo users to choose the right lawyer by sharing your experience with this attorney. It's fast, simple, and safe.
Lawyers: Use the Peer Endorsements section to provide input about other attorneys.
Divorce is a very difficult time and getting referrals for the right divorce attorneys can be difficult. You cannot go wrong with Debbie Carder or Tim Daw. They make a great team. My experience with them spans from 2003 to 2013.
What I have learned is that you want a very good, focused divorce attorney. SDF has about 40 divorce attorneys and that provides Tim/Debbie an ability to ask questions of others in her firm when some unusual issues or approaches emerged. I also tell everyone that the high billing rates that SDF charges is worth it because you save money by getting the right answer the first time and access to insight on judges and opposing consul that is invaluable. The large number of cases this team has under its belt gives them real insight into possible outcomes and, thus, strategies to employ.
Debbie works very closely with Tim Daw. Tim is one of the 4 or 5 full equity partners in SDF. I worked with Tim much more in the first go around back in 2003-2005. They work great together, covering when necessary for each other, and figuring out who is best for different issues, judges, opposing attorneys etc. It was worth the money and reassuring to bounce our complicated issues and approach off Tim, too. Even after the divorce is final, you will likely have questions pop up or need a pre-nup if you remarry.
I referred a PwC partner to Debbie and Tim, and he has thanked me on a number of occasions for the referral.
Over the last 18months, my ex has filed 9 different motions, legal actions of some kind in our last legal battle. Debbie and Tim won every one of them. We recently inked a final settlement!!
A few other points on this team :
1. Debbie is an outstanding writer - I mean VERY good!
2. Tim/Debbie do care about their clients’ costs and do not unnecessarily run up legal bills. Tim does a great job as the senior guy getting involved only when needed or as a second review of a particularly important document. It was well worth the money for his review for my peace of mind that all bases were covered. Debbie and Tim worked this out behind the scenes so it did not take much time.
3. They works most weekends and nights, so my concerns were addressed promptly
4. Even if I did not like it, they would tell me their professional legal opinion in a very calm experienced way (believe me I did some yelling and screaming as the cases dragged out due to crazy legal stuff). They are unbelievably professional and quality-oriented. Both Tim and Debbie just tells it like it is based on their experience.
5. Debbie is expensive to use in this way, but she could probably double for a divorce therapist when you just need to vent and have no one else to talk to or who wants to listen anymore!
6. Tim/Debbie understands complex financial matters.
7. They will bring in an expert from another office and even another firm when needed. The client focus and willingness to do the right thing reminds me of my years at Arthur Andersen and the global teamwork we used.
8. Tim has a great recall of facts and case law which saves research time when he just knows the answers.
In my opinion, Tim is one of the best lawyers in his field. Along with his incredible team, I was treated with the utmost respect and dignity while trying to navigate the rough waters of a divorce. Tims knowledge and command of the laws affecting my case were a tremendous asset to me. I am a lucky man to have found him and he brought my case to a very happy conclusion. Thank you Tim.