David J. Winer’s Answers

David J. Winer

Waukegan Criminal Defense Attorney.

Contributor Level 8
  1. Will this be on my record like when i try to get a job?

    Answered almost 3 years ago.

    1. Jeffrey Logan Whitcomb
    2. Ronald D. Dolak
    3. Steven Andrew Kozicki
    4. David J. Winer
    5. Ronald S. Pichlik
    5 lawyer answers

    You must determine whether you received Court Supervision or a conviction. If you got Court Supervision for a retail theft you have to wait five years from the end of the Supervision period to file an expungment. If it is a conviction, then you are not eligible for expungment. It will remain on your record forever in that situation. If you received Supervision it will remain on your record until it is expunged.

  2. Can my driving record be helped? Please!

    Answered almost 3 years ago.

    1. Ted Harvatin
    2. Richard Joseph Albanese
    3. David J. Winer
    3 lawyer answers

    ordinarily Supervision does not result in a conviction or a suspension. However with a CDL holder any speed over 15 miles over results in an automatic conviction. Even if the Judge or prosecutor offers you supervision, when it is sent by the Court Clerk to the Illinois Secretary of State it is logged in as a conviction for CDL holders. You should hire an attorney in that area to file a Motion to Vacate and try to get the ticket(s) amended to under 15 miles under and then the Supervision...

  3. Will a misdemeanor supervision show up on your background for ajob while still on supervision?

    Answered almost 3 years ago.

    1. Matthew R. Gebhardt
    2. David J. Winer
    2 lawyer answers

    Yes, Supervision will show up on a background check as long as it is not expunged. If you have no prior or subsequent convictions than you can expunge most misdemeanor Supervision charges two years after the Supervision period ends. It is five years for a retail theft charge.

  4. Am I allowed to leave the country while license is suspended?

    Answered almost 3 years ago.

    1. Troy Austin Pickard
    2. Joshua Pond
    3. David J. Winer
    3 lawyer answers

    As long as you do not have a warrant or a court case you can leave, but may not be able to rent a car.

    1 person marked this answer as helpful