Chad E. Kemp’s Answers

Chad E. Kemp

Madison Estate Planning Attorney.

Contributor Level 2
  1. If i file bankruptcy can they take the money i have saved from last years taxes?

    Answered 7 months ago.

    1. Edward W. Harness
    2. Dorothy G Bunce
    3. Chad E. Kemp
    4. Derek R. Caldwell
    5. Gregory P. Kruse
    6. ···
    6 lawyer answers

    If you feel that you need to file bankruptcy, you may be able you use the state or federal exemptions to keep your tax return. Each case is different and you would need to consult with a bankruptcy attorney to discuss your situation. Best, Chad Kemp

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. Can I be held responsible for any legal judgments against my roommate since he lives in my home?

    Answered 7 months ago.

    1. Ryan Berrard Moran
    2. Dorothy G Bunce
    3. Gregory P. Kruse
    4. Chad E. Kemp
    5. Blake Owen Brewer
    5 lawyer answers

    No. As long as you have not signed as a co-signer you are not responsible for the debts of your roommate.

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

  3. How can I stop a repossession when my bankruptcy attorney didn't submit a reaffirmation and my chapter 7 recently discharged?

    Answered 7 months ago.

    1. Scott Benjamin Riddle
    2. Matthew Scott Berkus
    3. Mark Markus
    4. Kiley Zellner
    5. Chad E. Kemp
    6. ···
    6 lawyer answers

    Generally speaking the issue is that you fell behind on the payments. The creditor still has to get permission to repossess. You should call the creditor and see if you can work out a plan to catch up on the payments.

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer