Rob Teuber handles cases dealing with various aspects of the tax law and the Internal Revenue Service including federal tax audits, appeals, the United States Tax Court and tax collection matters nationwide. He authors a tax law blog (the Tax Law Forum) to discuss legal issues, developments and current events in the tax law.
Rob’s tax controversy practice includes:
- Resolving IRS tax audits and examination
- Resolving Wisconsin tax audits and examination
- Challenging contested audits through the appeals proce
- Negotiating cases with federal, state and local government attorney
- Litigating tax disputes in Court
- Handling tax collection issues nationwide including, income and employment taxes, interest and penalties, personal liability assessments, lien and levy Collection Due Process Appeals, installment payment plans, and reducing the amount of tax paid through Offers in Compromise
- Handling Wisconsin income, employment and sales tax collection issues, personal liability assessments, voluntary disclosure requests, installment agreements and Petitions for Compromise
Rob’s tax and business planning practice includes:
- Analyzing the tax and business considerations for determining the proper choice of entity for new businesse
- Structuring newly formed organizations to assist in the success of the busine
- Planning transactions to achieve favorable tax result
- Preparing contracts, including stock purchase agreements, asset purchase agreements, and employment agreements, to assist businesses in achieving their goal
- Creating all documentation and filings necessary to sell or dissolve a business
Rob is a member of the State Bar of Wisconsin and Milwaukee Bar Association. He is admitted to practice before the United States Tax Court, the United States District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin, the United States Court of Federal Claims and the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals. He has represented clients before the Internal Revenue Service, the Department of Justice, the Wisconsin Department of Revenue and local municipalities.