Stephen W. Hayes’s Answers

Stephen W. Hayes

Waukesha Adoption Lawyer.

Contributor Level 2
  1. Can u give me qualified adoption probono attorney

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Stephen W. Hayes
    2. Stephanie Lackey Butler
    2 lawyer answers

    Suggest you check with State Bar of Wisconsin lawyer referral service. 1 800 728 7788. The lawyer it refers to you may charge a fee but you may be entitled to the federal adoption tax credit and a state benefit when you pay the lawyer and the adoption agency that does your home study (agency will also charge a fee). The credit is 12,650 this year. That should cover all your costs and fees. See IRS form 8839 and the instructions.

    1 person marked this answer as helpful

  2. I am a single mother and I want full custody of my child even though the father wants visitation rights. Are my chances good?

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Teri M. Nelson
    2. Rebecca Millenbach
    3. Stephen W. Hayes
    3 lawyer answers

    He may still be eligible for some visitation time but the court will want to know more about his criminal record, particularly if there is a history of violence or abuse, physical or sexual. It is possible the court will order a form of supervised visitation if the court has concerns about his parenting.