Jesse Blocher is shareholder with the firm and practices in the firm’s Waukesha office. Mr. Blocher takes great pride in representing individuals injured in accidents. Large or small, Mr. Blocher attempts to prepare each case as if it will be someday argued to a jury. This philosophy helps to ensure that each case gets the attention it deserves. While most cases settle out of court, Mr. Blocher believes that being prepared to go forward with a trial helps to obtain the best possible outcome for the client.
To that end, Mr. Blocher is a Board Certified Civil Trial Advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, having successfully conducted numerous jury trials throughout the state. His litigation experience includes a broad range of civil matters including cases arising out of automobile accidents, premises liability, environmental pollution, products liability, and insurance coverage. Mr. Blocher has published articles and presented at seminars on related topics, including insurance coverage and damages.
Mr. Blocher has received numerous professional honors, including:
· Mr. Blocher is a Board Certified Civil Trial Advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. The National Board of Trial Advocacy is accredited by the American Bar Association, and requires “a rigorous testing and approval process that officially recognizes the extensive education and courtroom experience of [Board Certified Civil Trial Advocates].”
· In 2013, Mr. Blocher was named an Up and Coming Lawyer by the Wisconsin Law Journal, which “recognizes attorneys who – right out of the starting gate – have shown themselves to be rising stars.”
· Mr. Blocher was named a “Super Lawyer” by Milwaukee Magazine in 2013 and 2014, which is an honor bestowed upon no more than 5% of lawyers in the state.
· In 2011 and 2012, Mr. Blocher was named a “Super Lawyers Rising Star” by Milwaukee Magazine. This recognition is bestowed upon outstanding lawyers under the age of 40, and is limited to only 2.5% of lawyers in the state.
· Mr. Blocher was also named one of M Magazine’s “Leading Lawyers” from 2012-14.
· Mr. Blocher was named one of the “Top 40 under 40” by the National Trial Lawyers, which is “extended exclusively to those individuals who exemplify superior qualifications, trial results, and leadership as a young trial lawyers.” Membership is limited to only 40 lawyers per year in the state.
· Mr. Blocher serves on the Wisconsin Association for Justice Amicus Committee, writing appellate briefs on significant legal issues relating to personal injury practice.
· Lawyers.com/martindale.com rates Mr. Blocher “AV Preeminent,” based on a survey of other lawyers in the area. “AV Preeminent® is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence.”
· Avvo.com rates Mr. Blocher 10/10, “Superb.”
Mr. Blocher is a summa cum laude (top 1% of class) graduate of the Marquette University Law School. While at Marquette, Mr. Blocher served as an associate editor of the Marquette Law Review. Mr. Blocher also competed in two prestigious national appellate moot court competitions, the New York City Bar Association National Moot Court Competition, and the American Bar Association National Moot Court Competition. Mr. Blocher continues to serve as coach to Marquette University Law School’s national moot court teams. Mr. Blocher obtained his undergraduate degree from the University of Wisconsin at Madison.
Are you an attorney? Endorse this lawyer
I highly recommend Jesse for personal injury work. Jesse has a unique combination of keen intellectual ability and passion plus the practical ability to achieve results. This makes him the perfect attorney for any type of pesonal injury cases, including those involving complex legal issues.
Dustin Woehl Appeals Attorney
Relationship: Fellow lawyer in community
|Award name||Grantor||Date granted|
|Super Lawyer||Milwaukee Magazine||2015|
|AV Preeminent Rated||Martindale-Hubbell||2015|
|Board Certified Civil Trial Advocate||National Board of Trial Advocacy||2015|
|Super Lawyer||Milwaukee Magazine||2014|
|Up and Coming Lawyer||Wisconsin Law Journal||2013|
|Super Lawyer||Milwaukee Magazine||2013|
|Rising Star||Milwaukee Magazine||2012|
|Top 40 Under 40||National Trial Lawyers||2012|
|Rising Star||Milwaukee Magazine||2011|
|National Moot Court Competition, Third Best Brief in Region||American Bar Association||2006|
|National Moot Court Regional Finalist, Washington D.C. Region||American Bar Association||2006|
|Graduated Summa Cum Laude (Top 1% of class)||Marquette University Lawschool||2006|
|National Moot Court Competition, Regional Semi-Finalist||New York City Bar Association||2005|
|Associate Editor (Top 10% of Lawschool Class Eligible)||Marquette Law Review||2005|
|Student Editor Scholarship Recipient||FDCC||2005|
|Dean's List||University of Wisconsin, Madison||N/A|
|Dean's List||Marquette University Law School||N/A|
|Attorney||Habush Habush & Rottier S.C.||2010 - Present|
|Attorney||Kasdorf, Lewis & Swietlik, S.C.||2006 - 2010|
|Association name||Position name||Duration|
|Wisconsin Association for Justice||Member||2010 - Present|
|American Association for Justice||Member||2010 - Present|
|Waukesha County Bar Association||Member||2010 - Present|
|Milwaukee Bar Association||Member||2010 - Present|
|Milwaukee Young Lawyers Association||Member||2010 - Present|
|Civil Trial Counsel of Wisconsin||Journal Editor||2009 - 2010|
|State Bar of Wisconsin||Member||2006 - Present|
|American Bar Association||Member||2006 - Present|
|Mark Griffin Jr et al vs. Cincinnati Insurance Company et al||Favorable Contribution Jury Verdict for Client|
|Terrence Tyler et al vs. Anthony Q Jamal et al||Jury verdict in favor of client|
|Joy J Uhlig vs. Employers Mutual Casualty Company||Jury Verdict for Client|
|See all legal cases|
|Wisconsin Lawyer||Earn Your Stripes, Part 1: Getting to Civil Trials||2015|
|Wisconsin Lawyer||Earn Your Stripes Part II: Getting Through Trial||2015|
|The Verdict (Wisconsin Academy of Trial Lawyers)||Is the Drive Other Car Exclusion the Exception that Swallowed the Stacking Rule?||2012|
|BW 50+||Injury Cases: What You Need to Know About Insurance||2012|
|BW 50+||Injury Cases: What You Need to Know||2012|
|The Counsel||Limiting Damages in Fire Loss Cases||2009|
|Marquette University Law School||N/A||JD - Juris Doctor||2006|
|University of Wisconsin, Madison||Finance||Other - Bachelors||2003|
|Summer Seminar||Getting To and Through Trial||2015|
|Wisconsin Association for Justice Fall Seminar||Tort Update||2014|
|Tort Summit||Collateral Source Rule||2013|
|Marquette University Lawschool Litigation Summit||Collateral Source Rule||2013|
|Fall/Winter Seminar||Tort Update||2013|
|Complex Lien Resolution||ERISA Liens||2013|
|WAJ Fall 2001 Seminar||The Dos and Don'ts of Discovery||2011|
|Marquette University Lawschool Symposium||Bridging the Gap Between the Classroom and the Courtroom||2007|