Jason Stone is a tax and business lawyer at the Davis, Brown, Koehn, Shors & Roberts, P.C. law firm. His practice concentrates on the formation, acquisition, disposition, operation, and liquidation of business entities of all types and sizes and he has served clients in the fields of real estate, advanced technologies, health care, agriculture, manufacturing and finance.
• Chambers USA, Corporate/M&A, Iowa Ranked Up and Coming 2010
• The Best Lawyers in America 2010 and 2011, Tax Law; 2011, Corporate Law.
• Advising one of the nation's largest federated cooperatives on tax-free reorganizations, liquidations and joint ventures;
• Advising a publicly traded diversified financial services company on tax-free reorganizations, debt offerings and compensation matters;
• Advising a publicly traded manufacturing company on critical federal income tax issues;
• Advising a publicly traded media company on tax-free exchanges of personal property;
• Advising leading real estate companies on various corporate and tax matters including, but not limited to, state and federal income and property tax matters, with a special emphasis on state and federal income tax credits;
• Advising buyers and sellers on acquisitions and dispositions in transactions of various sizes;
• Advising numerous non-profit corporations on compliance matters including federal income tax exemption, intermediate sanctions, and joint-ventures;
• Advising producers, film and motion picture companies on Iowa and Film Tax Credits.
• Advising various business entities on state income, sales and use tax disputes; and
• Advising a community development entity on matters related to the deployment of its initial $45,000,000 and subsequent $50,000,000 New Market Tax Credit Allocation.
Licensed since 2000
Hourly ($250-275/hour), Fixed (Sometimes), Free Consultation (30 minutes)
Cash, Check, Credit Card
|IA||Authorized to practice law||2000||06/23/2015|
|Award Name||Grantor||Date Granted|
|M&A (Band 4)||Chambers & Partners USA Guide||2011|
|Corporate (Band UC)||Chambers & Partners USA Guide||2010|
|Senior Shareholder||Davis, Brown, Koehn, Shors & Roberts, P.C.||2001 - Present|
|Association Name||Position Name||Duration|
|Iowa State Bar Association - Tax Section Council||Chair||2011 - 2012|
|How Business Gets Done: Words of Wisdom by Central Iowa Experts||Business Formation||2009|
|New York University School of Law||Tax Law||LL.M.||2001|
|Washburn University School of Law||Law||J.D.||2000|
|Spring Tax Institute||Partnership Tax||2009|
|December Tax School||Partnership Tax||2008|
|Business Law Seminar||Mergers and Acquisitions||2008|
|December Tax School||Partnership Tax||2006|