Heather KS Nalley’s Answers

Heather KS Nalley

Howell Family Law Attorney.

Contributor Level 2
  1. First time ever getting trouble.

    Answered 3 months ago.

    1. Daniel P. Hilf
    2. Philip Matthew Jacques
    3. Jared Clayton Austin
    4. Heather KS Nalley
    5. Jeffrey J. Padgett
    5 lawyer answers

    Depending on the amount and local policies, you could qualify for many diversion programs. There are some informal diversion programs for retail fraud that never make it to the court system. Once you are in the court system, there are other diversion-type programs, such as Holmes Youthful Trainee Act (HYTA). Hire an attorney. We know how to navigate the system and the available options for our clients. Sometimes, people who represent themselves do not know what to ask for in terms of...

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

  2. Can I ask the trial court in a misdemeanor case for relief from judgment after a plea?

    Answered 3 months ago.

    1. James Albulov Jr.
    2. Jared Clayton Austin
    3. Heather KS Nalley
    4. Ramiro Orozco
    4 lawyer answers

    You should seek an appellate attorney immediately. There is a time period for a late application for leave to appeal to the circuit court. Appeals in the circuit court are a bit different than to the court of appeals or supreme court. You would need a solid reason for the lateness of the application for leave to appeal, but generally, it takes time to find the information out and appeal. There are costs associated with the appeal: attorney fees, court costs, transcripts. Last, I would...

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

  3. Can my 16 yr old daughter stay with me & not get into trouble with the law

    Answered 3 months ago.

    1. Heather KS Nalley
    2. Neil M. Colman
    3. Joseph Kenneth Lacome
    3 lawyer answers

    More information is needed. But I would recommend that you consult with an attorney immediately if you have your daughter and you do NOT have any legal authorization to do so. When looking for an attorney, you have to know whether the home state is Colorado or Michigan. There are few attorneys who are familiar with the interstate compact that governs cases involving more than one state.

  4. I am a non-custodial parent and I get my kids every other weekend. Lately the custodial parent is ignoring me? What can I do?

    Answered 7 months ago.

    1. Tracy Torni Gaudenzi
    2. Kyle J Bristow
    3. Laurel Stuart-Fink
    4. Diane Marie Kay
    5. Heather KS Nalley
    5 lawyer answers

    You can file a complaint with your FOC caseworker. There are different means through the court that can bring it to the attention of the courts. Communication with an ex can be very difficult. There are therapeutic tools that the courts use, such as communication therapies or the ADEPT program or Our Family Wizard, to help parents in your situations.