Julian J. Poota’s Answers

Julian J. Poota

Southfield Criminal Defense Attorney.

Contributor Level 3
  1. What do I do if an employer is non compliant on an alimony case where employer has been sent income withholding notice?

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Julian J. Poota
    2. Henry S. Gornbein
    3. Peter L. Conway
    3 lawyer answers

    Regarding the spousal support issue, contact Friend of the Court so that they can notify the employer of the situation. If employer fails to comply, I would recommend contacting an attorney to show cause the employer for contempt. Regarding the 401(k), you may need to have a QDRO (Qualified Domestic Relations Order) to divide it up. I would recommend contacting an attorney for that as well.

    4 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. My wife filed a motion to terminate a ppo she had issued against me 5 days ago. Do I still need to respond within the 14 days?

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Walter H. Bentley III
    2. Julian J. Poota
    3. Daniel Seth Williams
    3 lawyer answers

    Yes. You should definitely go to the hearing. She could be playing games and by going to the hearing you can ensure that the record is cleared.

    3 lawyers agreed with this answer

  3. Should I have an attorney's assistance? And What is your opinion as to what the outcome will be? (Retail Fraud/ 3rd Degree)

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Mariell Rebekah McLatcher
    2. Julian J. Poota
    3. Barry Franklin Poulson
    4. Mani Khavajian
    4 lawyer answers

    It is best to hire an attorney as soon as possible with the goal being not having a conviction on your record.

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  4. I'm out on bond for domestic violence, and 1 condition is random drug test, will they consider my levels?

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Joshua Paul Rubin
    2. Alan James Brinkmeier
    3. Michael Lawrence Doyle
    4. Julian J. Poota
    5. Daniel P. Hilf
    5 lawyer answers

    They will monitor your levels to make sure they are going down. You should immediately contact an aggressive defense attorney to dismiss or try domestic violence charge.

    1 person marked this answer as helpful

  5. Can i pay extra $ avoid going to court to appear in front of judge and being humiliated? Do I need a lawyer to avoid a record?

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Loren M. Dickstein
    2. Scott Matthew Aaronson
    3. Julian J. Poota
    3 lawyer answers

    I recommend that you do get an attorney because a conviction involving theft would be very damaging on your record. I would try going for a plea under advisement to keep it off your record.

Call now for a free consultation.