Erin Morgan Klug’s Answers

Erin Morgan Klug

Troy Patent Application Attorney.

Contributor Level 4
  1. Where should I trademark my record company logo?

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Erin Morgan Klug
    2. Maurice N Ross
    3. John F. Brennan
    4. Daniel Nathan Ballard
    5. G. Todd Winter
    6. ···
    7 lawyer answers

    The answer depends on where you are using the mark and/or where you intend to use the mark. If you are only using in the state of Michigan and have no interstate commerce, then you cannot obtain a Federal Trademark Registration. However, with the internet, zero interstate commerce is a rare situation. If possible, apply for registration of both your company name (word mark) and your logo (design mark). This will afford you the broadest protection. I happen to be a Michigan trademark...

    7 lawyers agreed with this answer

    1 person marked this answer as helpful

  2. In a business license is there a difference between the use of "and" and "&", and can you use either or simultaneously?

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Michael Thomas Smith
    2. Saphronia R Young
    3. Michelle Hayden Bomberger
    4. Erin Morgan Klug
    4 lawyer answers

    I agree with the answer above. Try to remain consistent. Also, when it comes to trademark law, you must figure out exactly what you want in the mark (i.e. the & or and) before you file and stick with it. Good luck!

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  3. Regarding trade mark

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Lee Palmateer
    2. Edward David Smith
    3. Michael Charles Doland
    4. Erin Morgan Klug
    4 lawyer answers

    I suggest calling a local attorney to give you basic answers to some of your questions. They can be answered in a short phone call. Most attorneys will give you a few minutes of their time free of a consultation cost. It appears that you may have some problems with your mark being generic/descriptive. As such, I highly recommend you speak with an attorney.

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer