Jason Ruskin Reeseā€™s Answers

Jason Ruskin Reese

Carmel Personal Injury Lawyer.

Contributor Level 5
  1. Can my 18 year old sue for Dr caused birth defects?

    Answered 12 days ago.

    1. Jason Ruskin Reese
    2. Jack Alan Kramer
    3. Michael David Babcock
    4. Trevor James Crossen
    5. Zaheer A Shah
    6. ···
    6 lawyer answers

    Indiana's medical malpractice statute of limitations is two years from the point of the act of medical malpractice. Children six and under have until their eighth birthday to file a medical malpractice lawsuit. See Indiana Code 34-18-7-1(b) However, if an act of medical malpractice is not discovered for a time after the event, individual judges may allow cases to move forward despite the statute of limitations. Based upon your question, I am concerned that you may have been mis-advised by a...

    6 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. I just received a summons that I am being sued for an auto accident that I was not involved in.

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Jeffrey Mark Adams
    2. Christian K. Lassen II
    3. Kevin Coluccio
    4. Joyce J. Sweinberg
    5. Jason Ruskin Reese
    6. ···
    9 lawyer answers

    First, send a certified letter to to lawyer explaining that you are NOT the proper person and that you will take action against his law firm and his client is the claim is not withdrawn. Offer to give him an Affidavit to support your position. Also, notify your auto insurance agent who will then turn the claim in to your auto insurance. They will hire a lawyer and you should explain to that lawyer what happened. They will essentially represent you for free. Good luck and I'm sorry you had...

    4 lawyers agreed with this answer

  3. I was involved in a serious car accident and need surgery on my spine. I was notified by the MD Surgeons office that the surgery

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Joseph Jonathan Brophy
    2. David J. McCormick
    3. Scott J. Corwin
    4. Jason Ruskin Reese
    5. Michael Ryan Juarez
    5 lawyer answers

    If the accident was the fault of the other person, they a surgeon may be willing to do the surgery on a "lien" basis. This means the surgeon would perform the surgery if you promised to pay him or her first from any settlement proceeds. If you do not have health insurance, you may have medical payments coverage. This coverage applies to the vehicle in which you were occupied and pays benefits regardless of fault. There are other ways a lawyer may be able to help you. Call me for a free...

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  4. Do I have a case of negligence for y 5 yr old daughter?

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Scott Douglas Camassar
    2. Manuel Alzamora Juarez
    3. Alexander Jesus Limontes
    4. Jason Ruskin Reese
    4 lawyer answers

    Yes, you may have a claim and, in the State of Indiana, children have until their 8th birthday to file a claim for medical negligence.

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  5. How do I find a legal malpractice attorney where the underlying case arose out of a catastrophic personal injury?

    Answered about 1 month ago.

    1. Zaheer A Shah
    2. Jason Ruskin Reese
    3. Christopher John Gansen
    4. David Andrews Williams
    4 lawyer answers

    No, ideally you would hire an attorney that does both personal injury law and also handles legal malpractice claims against other lawyers. That way, the lawyer handling your legal malpractice claim understands precisely how the personal injury lawyer made mistakes and how those mistakes harmed you. My firm does both.

    3 lawyers agreed with this answer

  6. In the state of Indiana if ur ordered by a judge to complete classes for a PI charge and u do not complete these classes-if the

    Answered about 2 months ago.

    1. Jason Ruskin Reese
    2. Joseph Robert Delamater
    3. Kenneth L. Shigley
    4. Brian Keith Smith
    4 lawyer answers

    Please consult a criminal lawyer. This is not a personal injury question and you submitted your question in the wrong category. Good luck.

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

  7. I didn't make an injury report right away with my employer, can I get Workers comp?

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Joseph Benjamin D'Amico
    2. Jason Ruskin Reese
    3. Corey Joseph Lee Walker
    4. Bobby L. Bollinger Jr.
    4 lawyer answers

    Yes, you may be able to revive your rights to file a claim for work comp benefits. Your boss should NEVER have tried to persuade you not to file a claim. Ask your boss for the name of his work comp carrier and contact them directly. More importantly, call an experience work comp law firm and seek the specific advice of a lawyer. You need to file certain paperwork asap if you wish to have a decent chance at preserving your right to benefits.

    1 person marked this answer as helpful

  8. Can you sue a lawyer in illinois for making a negligent referral to another attorney who is unqualified and or botches a case?

    Answered about 1 month ago.

    1. Judy A. Goldstein
    2. Anthony Bettencourt Cameron
    3. Stephen Laurence Hoffman
    4. Jason Ruskin Reese
    4 lawyer answers

    In my opinion, yes, you could sue the lawyer if the referring attorney received some type of benefit from the relationship you had with the Illinois lawyer. For example, if the attorneys were involved in a co-counsel for fee-sharing relationship on your case, then it is possible to hold both attorneys jointly responsible for any errors that were made. See Illinois Rule of Professional Conduct 1.5(e)

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  9. Is there a statute of limitations on a personal injury lawsuit?

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Vuk Vujasinovic
    2. Richard Kurt Arbuckle
    3. Jeffrey Mark Adams
    4. David J. McCormick
    5. Carmine John Giardino
    6. ···
    10 lawyer answers

    Yes, it depends upon the State you are in at the time of the negligence. In Indiana, for example, it's normally a 2 year statute of limitations.

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  10. Accidentally hit neighbor fence damage 20.00 police said they could arrest me what would bond be

    Answered about 2 months ago.

    1. Charles Joseph Michael Candiano
    2. Zaheer A Shah
    3. Jason Ruskin Reese
    4. Robert Bruce Kopelson
    4 lawyer answers

    If the police are questioning you, you should retain a criminal defense lawyer.

Call for a Free Consultation. Personal Injury, Malpractice & Wrongful Death