Martin Harvey Frantz’s Answers

Martin Harvey Frantz

Estate Planning Attorney.

Contributor Level 4
  1. Will my insurance co pay for vandalism my juvenile son did, 6 kids were involved

    Answered over 3 years ago.

    1. Martin Harvey Frantz
    2. Christian K. Lassen II
    2 lawyer answers

    In Ohio, Section 3109.09(B) of the Revised Code provides that the owner of property may recover compensatory damages not exceeding ten thousand dollars and court costs from the parent of a minor if the minor willfully damages property belonging to the owner. That means, as the parent of a child who has committed vandalism, you are liable for the first $10,000 in damages, plus court costs. Whether your homeowner's policy will cover this loss depends on the language in your policy. For...

  2. What can I do if the grand jury wont indict, and the DA will not drop charges?

    Answered almost 4 years ago.

    1. Lee William Fitzpatrick
    2. Martin Harvey Frantz
    2 lawyer answers

    It looks like your husband is halfway there. Georgia Code Section 17-7-53 says: "Two returns of "no bill" by grand juries on the same charge or allegation shall be a bar to any future prosecution of a person for the same offense under the same or another name; ... ." A "no-bill" means the grand jury did not indict. Ask your attorney to file a motion to modify your husband's bond on the basis that the grand jury failed to return an indictment.