Neil Scott Rubin
PRACTICAL LEGAL SOLUTIONS
What do you need and want in a law firm:
A firm with Class A downtown offices decorated with mahogany desks and displayed cut-glass objects d' art?
- Gate-keeping by an administrative assistant who answers the phone?
- Contact only with junior associates?
- High billable hourly rates which are logged every 6 minutes?
- Competent legal advice given in a straight-forward, understandable way?
- Face-to-face meetings with the lawyer who will actually be working your case?
- Reasonable rates?
- Timely return of phone calls?
- Will meet with you outside of regular business hours?
- A lawyer who looks at all the options for a fair resolution of a case instead of pushing every dispute to the courtroom?
- A lawyer who understands the physical, emotional and financial toll a legal dispute can exert not only upon the client but the client's loved ones?
- A firm which takes in consideration the end result wanted by the client and not just the firm's bottom line?