Mitchell O Driskell’s Answers

Mitchell O Driskell

Oxford Litigation Lawyer.

Contributor Level 2
  1. Husband of 18+ years of marriage walked out on our three minor children and myself in April 2013.

    Answered about 1 year ago.

    1. Alexander J Simpson III
    2. Anders Ferrington
    3. Mitchell O Driskell
    4. Jon H Powell
    5. Dean George Tsourakis
    5 lawyer answers

    1. Generally, yes, as long as your agreement falls in line with statutory support requirements and other legalities. 2. Maybe, if he believes your agreement violates the law, is unreasonable or is not in the best interest of the children. 3. Your husband must properly file "the papers" and have you served with a summons in order to take you to Court. 4. If the Judge finds that the flexible visitation schedule is in the best interests of the children, he will approve it.

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

  2. Can the Mississippi Department of Human Service change a court-ordered child support payment?

    Answered 14 days ago.

    1. Alexander J Simpson III
    2. Mitchell O Driskell
    2 lawyer answers

    Only the Court can modify the Order. DHS can ask the Court to modify it.

  3. Do I need a child support lawyer?

    Answered 14 days ago.

    1. Anders Ferrington
    2. Alexander J Simpson III
    3. Mitchell O Driskell
    4. Jon H Powell
    4 lawyer answers

    It depends on the language of the child support order. Full-time miliatary employment emancipates the child unless the order says otherwise. Even if the child is emancipated, you need to see if the Order provides for automatic termniation of the support obligation. You likely need an Order terminating your support obligation; you can represent yourself or hire a lawyer to get that accomplished.