Ellen Elizabeth Fite’s Answers

Ellen Elizabeth Fite

Memphis Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Attorney.

Contributor Level 3
  1. Do I need to be diagnosed before applying for disability?

    Answered 10 months ago.

    1. Joe Matthew Queen
    2. D K Kevin Dugan
    3. Ellen Elizabeth Fite
    4. Yolanda Navarrete
    5. Edwin Arnold Anderson
    6. ···
    6 lawyer answers

    I also agree with my colleagues. Without knowing your specific condition and limitations, I especially like the suggestion to attempt to work. SS pays very little and should be considered as a last resort after every attempt to work has been made. But, once it's apparent that one cannot work and that the condition will last at least a year, move with all speed in getting assessed and treated, and making application.

    4 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. Do I have 7 business or calendar days or 28 business or calendar days to object /oppose Trustee motion to dismiss my chapter 13

    Answered 10 months ago.

    1. Ellen Elizabeth Fite
    2. M. Todd Jackson
    3. Alan James Brinkmeier
    4. Robert J Adams Jr.
    5. Dorothy G Bunce
    5 lawyer answers

    Calendar days, unless the last day is on a weekend or legal holiday. You have an attorney and should ask this question of them.

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

  3. What happens when something goes to Grand Jury in the state of Tennessee ?

    Answered 10 months ago.

    1. John Jay Clark
    2. Claiborne Hambrick Ferguson
    3. Ellen Elizabeth Fite
    4. Stephen F Wallace
    4 lawyer answers

    As the other attorneys already stated, the Grand Jury will hear the evidence and determine whether to return a "true bill", which means an indictment will issue. The formal charging documents will then issue and the defendant will be arrested, if not already in custody. Then bond, if set by the court, must be made.

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

  4. Where do I need to go to file for separation in Memphis, TN.

    Answered 10 months ago.

    1. Ellen Elizabeth Fite
    1 lawyer answer

    Filing for separation is the same process as filing for divorce. You need to seek legal counsel. If you and your children are being abused, please take immediate steps to protect yourself and them. My office handles domestic matters, even though my profile lists me as a bankruptcy attorney. We have a general practice handling all matters.

  5. Should I repay my 401k loan before I file a chapter 13 bankruptcy?

    Answered 10 months ago.

    1. Dorothy G Bunce
    2. Carl H Starrett II
    3. Christine B. Adams
    4. Michael Glynn Busby Jr.
    5. Susan Brake
    6. ···
    8 lawyer answers

    Without duplicating the excellent advice already given, I believe you probably have just heard that from a layman. If an attorney told you that, get a second opinion from someone who does primarily bankruptcy.

  6. Does the statute of limitations "reset"?

    Answered 11 months ago.

    1. Dorothy G Bunce
    2. Ellen Elizabeth Fite
    2 lawyer answers

    I agree with the first answer, but you also need to take immediate action. It is possible that you may be able to set aside the default. Seek local counsel to determine your rights and limitations on this.