Robert R. Kurtz is a criminal defense lawyer and DUI attorney with 13 years of practice experience representing clients accused of crimes in State and Federal courts in Knoxville and throughout East Tennessee. Mr. Kurtz is death penalty qualified, having handled multiple first degree murder and capital cases. Mr. Kurtz regularly represents clients accused of Federal drug crimes including drug conspiracy, weapons offenses, sex crimes, violent offenses, white collar crimes and DUI.
Robert Kurtz has forged a reputation as an intelligent and aggressive litigator. This reputation is based on careful case planning and strategy, thorough investigation and sound advice. Successful resolutions to criminal prosecutions do not happen by chance. A successful outcome in a criminal case depends on proactive and aggressive investigation and preparation.
For 13 years, Robert Kurtz has understood that successful relationships with his clients are based on common sense and a few simple principles:
1. Treat people with respect;
2. Be available when needed, not just during business hours;
3. Have direct personal contact with clients;
4. Maintain the highest professional integrity and ethics while aggressively representing clients; and
5. Provide efficient and cost-effective representation using cutting edge technology and innovative ideas to defend your case.
Mr. Kurtz received his undergraduate degree, with honors, from the University of Southwestern Louisiana at Lafayette. Mr. Kurtz graduated, cum laude, from the University of Tennessee College of Law in 2000. While at the University of Tennessee, Mr. Kurtz received the Charles Miller Excellence in Advocacy Award.