Brad is a leading criminal defense attorney with extensive experience handling complex criminal matters in state and federal trial and appellate courts throughout the country, including in the United States Supreme Court. Brad’s practice includes the representation of executives and other individuals in connection with a variety of federal and state offenses, including computer fraud and abuse, tax fraud, mail fraud, wire fraud, honest services fraud, money laundering, export violations, environmental crimes, bribery of government officials and theft of trade secrets. In addition to his white collar practice, Brad also represents individuals charged with narcotics offenses, robbery, firearm offenses and a multitude of other federal and state crimes.
Brad has served as the lead attorney in numerous federal jury trials. He represented an administrator of a nationally ranked ivy league university in charges relating to wire fraud. Two of three counts were dismissed the Thursday before trial. Brad also represented a former prison guard in a trial for bribery and drug offenses. The jury acquitted on the substantive drug offense. Most recently, Brad was successful in having the United States Supreme Court grant Certiorari and reverse his client’s sentence for pharmacy robbery and related firearm offenses. Approximately 1% of all Supreme Court appeals are are granted Certiorari each year.
Brad has tried a number of other federal criminal cases and briefed and argued numerous appeals before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth and Sixth Circuits. He has also represented multiple individuals in investigations by the Securities and Exchange Commission, Department of Justice (Cybercrime Division, Environmental Protection Division, Public Corruption Division), Postal Inspector, Department of Homeland Security, Internal Revenue Service and various other federal agencies.
Brad is a member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the Association of Federal Defense Attorneys. He presents on various topics related to white collar and federal criminal cases.
• An individual in a prosecution for pharmacy robbery and related offenses; U.S. Supreme Court granted Certiorari, vacated judgment and remanded for further proceedings.
• Individuals in a Securities and Exchange Commission investigation into allegations of illegal trades.
• An individual in prosecution for bribery of an FBI special agent for the sale of classified government documents.
• A foreign national in a prosecution for violation of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act for the creation and distribution of malicious software.
• An HR manager in a prosecution for embezzlement.
• A real estate executive in a prosecution for wire fraud.
• A healthcare executive in a Department of Health and Human Services investigation into fraudulent accounting activity.
• An executive of a national motorcycle club in a prosecution for RICO violations.
• A medical device engineer in a prosecution for theft of trade secrets.
• A bank employee in a prosecution for bank fraud; charges dismissed.
• An individual in prosecution for Medicare/Medicaid fraud.
• A CEO in a prosecution for mail fraud.
• An individual in the largest cash seizure in the southeastern United States ever.
• Former bank executive in a prosecution for tax evasion.
- An import/export company president in a prosecution for violations of the Arms Export Control Act.
- A plant manager of D.O.E. contracted nuclear remediation facility in a fraud investigation.
- A federal employee in a fraud investigation; no charges filed.
- Federal forfeiture of more than $150,000 of property and money; case dismissed by judge in pretrial motion stage.
**Attorney Advertising. Prior results do not guarantee future outcomes**
Fixed (Sometimes), Retainer (Sometimes), Free Consultation (90 minutes)
Cash, Check, Credit Card
Brad is an excellent criminal defense attorney and is extremely well versed in the intricacies of handling federal criminal defense cases. Brad's knowledge of the law is outstanding and his commitment to his clients is equally excellent. I wholeheartedly endorse this fine lawyer.
Marcos Garza DUI & DWI Attorney
Relationship: Fellow lawyer in community
I endorse this lawyer. I have worked with Mr. Henry on a variety of cases in State and Federal court for more than five years and have discussed legal issues with him on a variety of cases. Mr. Henry's principle's of candor, courage, competence, confidence and integrity are true mark's of an outstanding attorney.
Robert Kurtz Federal Crime Attorney
Relationship: Fellow lawyer in community
|Award Name||Grantor||Date Granted|
|Top 100 Trial Lawyers||National Trial Lawyers||2015|
|Dean's Scholar||Florida Coastal School of Law||2005|
|Academic All-American||Southern Conference||2002|
|Senior Attorney||Breeding & Associates, LLC||2011 - Present|
|Attorney||The Law Offices of A. Philip Lomonaco||2006 - 2011|
|Association Name||Position Name||Duration|
|Association of Federal Defense Attorneys||Member||2014 - Present|
|New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers||Member||2012 - 2013|
|New York State Bar Association||Member||2012 - 2013|
|Tennessee Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers||Member||2006 - 2012|
|National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers||Member||2006 - Present|
|Knoxville Bar Association||Member||2006 - 2014|
|Knoxville Defense Lawyers Association||Member||2006 - 2012|
|Federal Drug Conspiracy||Probation|
|Possession of a weapon and drugs||dismissed|
|See all Legal Cases|
|Wall Street Journal||Blackshades||2015|
|Portfolio Media (Law360)||Swedish Man Cops To 'Blackshades' Distribution Charge In US||2015|
|Thomson Reuters||Accused BlackShades hacker seeks to back out of plea deal||2015|
|Breeding & Lodato Criminal Defense Blog||Clean Slate: Tennessee's New Expungement Law||2012|
|Breeding & Lodato Criminal Defense Blog||Pay to Play: SCRAM Units in Knox County DUI Cases||2012|
|Breeding & Lodato Criminal Defense Blog||Minimum Mandatory: Control Through Charging Discretion||2012|
|Florida Coastal School of Law||Law||JD - Juris Doctor||2006|
|University of Tennessee, Chattanooga||Criminal Justice||BS - Bachelor of Science||2003|
|University of Tennessee College of Law||Law||N/A||N/A|
|White Collar Roundtable||The FedEx Prosecution||2014|
|Law and Technology Workshop Series||Powerpoint Presentation Demonstration||2011|