Tony Seaton’s Answers

Tony Seaton

Johnson City Personal Injury Lawyer.

Contributor Level 1
  1. Do I need an attorney?

    Answered almost 2 years ago.

    1. James Ronald Tucker Jr.
    2. Tony Seaton
    3. Jefferson W. Boone
    4. Charles Joseph Michael Candiano
    4 lawyer answers

    Tenn. is an employment at will state which generally means that you can get fired for any reason. There are exceptions. Tenn law says you cannot get fired specifically for filing a workers' comp action. You do , however, have to cooperate with your employer concerning your federal rights to FMLA. If you have exceeded your FMLA time then they can probably terminate or replace your employment. If they require you to sign things that may be in derogation to the law, then I would sign it "...

  2. Can creditors hold my husband responsible for debts that I incurred or put liens on jointly held property?

    Answered almost 2 years ago.

    1. Tony Seaton
    2. Marc Gregory Wagman
    2 lawyer answers

    The agreement to pay medical bills is like a contract between you and the hospital. They will give medical care and you will pay the bill. Usually one spouse or the other signs for medical bills. If you both have signed then you both will be responsible. If only one of you have signed then the creditor will not be able to file a suit against the other. However once a court judgment is taken then the creditor may be able to put down a lien against joint property. If your husband hasn't...