* Admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court and also the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
* Member of the Family Law Section of the Florida Bar
* Member of the Family Law Committee of the West Pasco Bar Association
* Areas of practice include family law (divorce, child support, modification, contempt, and adoption and paternity) and civil litigation including breach of contract, real estate, foreclosures, evictions, and deed restriction litigation.
* Past-President of the West Pasco Bar Association, having also previously served as Secretary, Treasurer, Vice-President, and President-Elect
* Served a three year term on the Florida Bar's 6-B Grievance Committee through January 2001
* Stetson University College of Law, graduating in December 1987 and was admitted to the Florida Bar the following spring.
* Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the University of Florida College of Business Administration in 1985
* Native of the West Pasco area
* Graduate of Gulf High School in New Port Richey, Florida
* Member of the Holiday Rotary Club for fourteen years. He is a past-president and in 2001-2002 was the Chairman of the Board. He has been previously honored by the club with a Paul Harris Fellow award.
* In September 2008, Russell competed in and was a finisher at Ironman Wisconsin where he swam 2.4 miles, biked 112 miles and then ran a marathon of 26.2 miles, in just one day!
* Russell is a USA Triathlon (USAT) Certified Race Director as well as a USAT Certified CAT1 Race Official (the highest designation for USAT officials and one of only 7 CAT1 USAT officials in the State of Florida)
* Former Board of Director for Athletes Who Care, Inc. a 501(c)(3) non profit organization comprised of endurance athletes and enthusiasts who combine their passion for athletics with the drive to raise essential funds for cancer causes.
* Previous Board Member for the Suncoast Chapter of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) (one of only five chapters in the state of Florida). Russell was previously involved with the Team In Training program of LLS as a Coach and participant. Through this program, Russell completed two Olympic Distance triathlons in California, seven 100-Mile bicycle rides around Lake Tahoe, numerous other 100 mile rides in New Hampshire, Tucson, and Florida, a marathon in Dublin, Ireland, a marathon in Stockholm, Sweden, and numerous sprint distance triathlons and runs.
* Former charter Director and Officer (treasurer and secretary) of the Judeo-Christian Health Clinic of Pasco, Inc., d/b/a The Good Samaritan Health Clinic, a non-profit corporation that provides free medical and dental care to the working poor
* Former Director and Officer of the Lighthouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired, a non-profit corporation that provides education and training for the blind and visually impaired
* Former director for the West Pasco Unit of the American Cancer Society