Back to Fernando’s Profile

Fernando Perez III’s Answers

Fernando has answered 25 questions

  • During OPT can I take classes in a different school?

    Asked by a user in Tampa, FL - about 3 years ago.

    You cannot attend a new school with your current SEVIS account as they are school specific. The new school would have to process you and get approval from USCIS before youcould start classes. If...

    Selected as best answer

  • Applying for citizenship with sealed arrest record

    Asked by a user in Tampa, FL - almost 3 years ago.

    If the case was just sealed, and not expunged, what we do is file a motion to unseal the file so we can get the necessary copies. Once we are done with the citizenship process then we get them...

    3 lawyers agreed with this answer

  • Should i close my old immigration case and open a new one? and how? i'm getting a divorce, and getting married again.

    Asked by a user in Venice, FL - over 4 years ago.

    You definitely need an attorney. Normally, with a pending case you would just withdraw it and file with your new husband. The fact that your first case is still pending indicates that Immigration...

    Selected as best answer

  • URGENT HELP! Overstayed F-1 intend to get married anytime procedures

    Asked by a user in Tampa, FL - almost 3 years ago.

    It i snot clear if you are stillin valid F status or not. Did your present school transfer your I-20? If you aer in status and you have a valid F1 Visa in your passport, you can leave for the...

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

  • USCIS VISA status

    Asked by a user in Tampa, FL - over 4 years ago.

    No need to worry about the designation on the site. "Post Decision Activity" can refer to many things and it is just USCIS' way of describing any administrative funcitons they may have to take care...

  • Is there any Cool-off period for US Work Permit (H1 B Cap/L1 B)?

    Asked by a user in Maitland, FL - over 4 years ago.

    If you have been outside the U.S. for eleven months, your intended H1B employer in the U.S. should start the process as soon as possible. Given the potential delays in getting the LCA certified by...

  • Residency card

    Asked by a user in Orlando, FL - over 4 years ago.

    Sorry to hear about your problem. Unfortunately, there are a couple of officers at the Orlando office that do things like this. What is probably going on is that the officer who interviewed you...

  • I travelled to US in L2 Visa and filed EAD.Received the EAD on 30th Nov 12 with Expiry date as 24th Dec 12.Valid only for 28days

    Asked by a user in Tampa, FL - over 2 years ago.

    Have you obtained an extension of the L1 and L2 through 2015? If you obtained an extension to 2015, and have not left the US since your first entry, then the EAD should have been isssued for at leats...

  • Can anyone tell me what does this mean ?

    Asked by a user in Orlando, FL - over 4 years ago.

    There are two types of Cancellation of Removal (COR). If your husband is in the United States illegally, then to qualify for COR the following are required: 1. He has to be in deportation/...

  • Additional passport photos needed. Good?

    Asked by a user in Tampa, FL - over 4 years ago.

    It is difficult to tell if there is a problem. Normally, if the only thing needed are more passport photos the offcer in Tampa would have directed you to an office on the back side of the building...