Majid Vasigh’s Answers

Majid Vasigh

Tampa Criminal Defense Attorney.

Contributor Level 16
  1. DUI - is it critical to hire an atty to plea down my chg to Reckless Driving? I don't believe it. Sounds like he wants my $$$.

    Answered about 1 year ago.

    1. Amir A. Ladan
    2. Michael Charles McGinn
    3. Nick Jay Dorsten
    4. Majid Vasigh
    5. Maria E Castagliuolo
    6. ···
    14 lawyer answers

    Yes it is critical. Unless you like getting railroaded. No you won't be able to negotiate anything with the prosecutor. If you needed surgery, would you hire a doctor or open yourself up?

    17 lawyers agreed with this answer

    5 people marked this answer as helpful

  2. Arrested for DUI . After arrest was given the CAB test was given . No Miranda rights were ever given . Is CAB admissible ?

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Michael Leonard Mastrogiovanni
    2. Michael Charles McGinn
    3. Judy A. Goldstein
    4. Majid Vasigh
    5. Ted Harvatin
    6. ···
    8 lawyer answers

    No. Unfortunately courts have held that the BAC is not testimonial and doesn't require Miranda, as driving is considered a privilege, rather than a right. Tampa area law enforcement's basic ideology is to just arrest someone for a DUI as long as there's some scintlila of probable cause. But just because an officer subjectively thinks that probable cause exists, it doesn't mean it actually objectively exists. For instance, often times the officer alleges that he smelled an "odor of acohol on...

    14 lawyers agreed with this answer

    4 people marked this answer as helpful

  3. Charged with reckless driving not dui. I refused a breathtest. can my liscence still be suspended? they issued a notice of susp

    Answered about 1 year ago.

    1. Jennifer Ann Jacobs
    2. Ethan Patrick Meaney
    3. Derek Anthony Patrin
    4. Colleen M. Glenn
    5. Majid Vasigh
    6. ···
    6 lawyer answers

    Yes, but you do have a right to try to invalidate the suspension within 10 days. If you choose to do so, you will be issued a temp hardship permit allowing you to drive until the date of your hearing. Your other option is to take advantage of a new law. Florida law has recently changed and also will allow you to try to get a hardship immediately and avoid the hard suspension entirely., but you'd have to waive your right to appeal your suspension entirely.

    15 lawyers agreed with this answer

  4. Speedy trial violation?

    Answered 3 months ago.

    1. Majid Vasigh
    2. Robert Jason De Groot
    3. Don Paul Harvey
    4. Michael Adam Haber
    5. David Elbert Little
    6. ···
    9 lawyer answers

    I disagree with my colleagues. I recently had a similar issue arise in Hillsborough County and ended up getting the charge dismissed on a speedy trial grounds for my client. The fact that they formally filed the charge just before expiration of speedy is somewhat important, but if you were given a citation that night, then speedy began to tick from that moment forward. Time is of the essence however and you must promptly retain an attorney to file a motion on your behalf.

    Selected as best answer

  5. My boyfriend VOP'ed with a DUI. What kind of time is he going to serve now?

    Answered about 1 year ago.

    1. Majid Vasigh
    2. Andrew Michael Bonderud
    3. Jonathan Hackworth
    4. James Donald Garrett
    4 lawyer answers

    Depends on a lot of factors. His best bet is to find someone who knows how to get the DUI dismissed outright while working on mitigating and resolving the technical VOP in front of Judge Perry. I've handled too many of these to count and they all have different and unique distinguishing factors. I'd like to know more about yours. Feel free to call or email our office.

    12 lawyers agreed with this answer

    1 person marked this answer as helpful

  6. Can I apply for citizenship once my DUI probation is over. Or do I have to wait for 5 years?

    Answered about 1 year ago.

    1. Christopher Irvin Simser
    2. Majid Vasigh
    3. Anthony Michael Solis
    4. Kara Lien Roberts
    5. Helen Huyen Huynh
    6. ···
    6 lawyer answers

    you need 5 years of good moral character before applying for naturalization.

    13 lawyers agreed with this answer

    2 people marked this answer as helpful

  7. Why am I being forced to plea to a DUI when I was not drunk nor under the influence of anything, yet arrested for it?

    Answered 10 months ago.

    1. Timothy F. Sullivan
    2. Brian Robert Dettman
    3. Brandon M Daniels
    4. Majid Vasigh
    5. Grant Ian Schwarz
    6. ···
    10 lawyer answers

    That is crazy. Are you sure there's no urine test showing any drugs in your system? The Pinellas County State Attorney's office is incredibly stubborn when it comes to dismissing cases, but a .0 blow without a dirty urine is really below the belt. Hire a private defense attorney. Don't plea if you don't want to.

    12 lawyers agreed with this answer

  8. Should I plea 'Not Guilty'?

    Answered about 1 year ago.

    1. Greg Thomas Hill
    2. David Matthew Piper
    3. Sarkis Jacob Babachanian
    4. Michael Lawrence Doyle
    5. Neil James Fraser
    6. ···
    8 lawyer answers

    Plead not guilty.

    13 lawyers agreed with this answer

  9. I was charged for , Fail to give breath analysis, I tried 4 times, 3 readings were "alcohol in mouth" Blew as hard as I could?

    Answered 11 months ago.

    1. Robert Jason De Groot
    2. William David Umansky
    3. Jeffrey Newton Reynolds
    4. Brian Robert Dettman
    5. Jonathan Burton Blecher
    6. ···
    7 lawyer answers

    It's clear that you have multiple legal and factual defenses available to you. Consult with an attorney ASAP to try to get your license back and to fight the DUI charge itself.

    11 lawyers agreed with this answer

  10. DUI Expunge (Orange County Clerk of Court)

    Answered about 1 year ago.

    1. Roger Scott Jr.
    2. Larry Thomas McMillan
    3. Majid Vasigh
    4. Brian J Esposito
    5. Thomas Anthony Sadaka
    5 lawyer answers

    Orange county has their own unique DUI deferment program. I would call and ask the clerk. What you could be referring to is that peoples's mugshots still show up online even after they get their record expunged. This is a different story. These websites are operated by shady offshore businesses who use web scrapers to data mine publicly available information. They are difficult to stop, but you do have some options.

    11 lawyers agreed with this answer

Call now to get the help you deserve. Know your rights.