Ivan Samuel Abrams’s Answers

Ivan Samuel Abrams

Miami Beach Criminal Defense Attorney.

Contributor Level 2
  1. Are there any pro bono attorneys in Tampa Bay that would be willing to take on a first time offender for possession of cocaine?

    Answered about 2 years ago.

    1. Eric J Trabin
    2. Christopher Robert Kaigle
    3. Ivan Samuel Abrams
    4. Jonathan Hackworth
    5. Todd Jerome Thurow
    5 lawyer answers

    When you get to court ask the clerk for a financial affidavit- by filling out the affidavit you will be told in court whether or not you qualify for the services of the Public Defender. Because you are currently unemployed you should qualify unless you have several assets. If for some reason you do not qualify, don't panic, instead contact your local attorney bar association and ask to speak with someone from the referral service. The bar association will help refer you to a criminal attorney...

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. I failed a drug test (marijuana) on Felony probation, If I hire a VOP criminal attorney could they keep me out of jail?

    Answered about 2 years ago.

    1. Charles Scott Edwards Greenberg
    2. William David Umansky
    3. Ivan Samuel Abrams
    3 lawyer answers

    Simply hiring a private criminal defense attorney will not guarantee that you will not go to jail. The issue is not whether you should be represented by a PD or private attorney- the issue is the level of experience your particular PD or private attorney has with VOP hearings. More importantly, if they have familiarity with the Judge and the prosecutor handling your case. Regardless of what your probation officer tells you- the ultimate decision will be up to the prosecutor when it comes to...

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

  3. Not entitled to a Lawyer because no jail time involved, what should I do at trial?

    Answered about 2 years ago.

    1. Heather Morcroft
    2. Ivan Samuel Abrams
    2 lawyer answers

    As a former prosecutor in Miami, I can tell you that these charges are not usually dropped especially when you do not have a lawyer fighting on your behalf. I understand that you may not be in a position financially to hire an attorney, so I am happy to provide you with some information that I hope is useful. If you have no prior criminal record - typically a diversion program will be offered for these types of charges- if so, entering such a program is the best way to guarantee that your case...