Jason A Hicks’s Answers

Jason A Hicks

Cocoa Beach Criminal Defense Attorney.

Contributor Level 11
  1. I need advice

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Jason D. Holbrook
    2. Charles B. Upton II
    3. Jason A Hicks
    4. Christian K. Lassen II
    5. Michael Shemtoub
    5 lawyer answers

    First off, let me say how sorry I am that your family is experiencing this loss. The short answer is NO. Not right now. Do not provide anyone any information without first speaking to an attorney. DO NOT let the insurance companies take advantage of your grandfather in any way. As he was the owner of the vehicle you aunt was driving, they will most certainly try hold him responsible (or make him a scapegoat for their possible negligence). Speak to an attorney now before the insurance companies (...

    7 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. Can I sue for a botched abortion?

    Answered 12 months ago.

    1. Jason A Hicks
    2. Kenneth Joseph Bush
    3. Christopher Patrick Ulrich
    4. Keith G Langer
    5. Christian K. Lassen II
    6. ···
    9 lawyer answers

    The short answer is yes you may very well have a case. You need to act quickly because there are short timeframes one must act within which to make a claim in med malpractice cases. Attorneys will handle such a case at no cost to you (called a contingency fee) and they get paid out of any settlement reached or verdict awarded. You shouldn't have had to go through this. Feel free to call my office at 321-868-2585 or my cell at 407-383-7461 to discuss this issue at no cost to you.

    4 lawyers agreed with this answer

  3. Will FL DMV make me get ignition interlock on a second reckless reduced from dui. It was NOT in the plea agreement.

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Jason A Hicks
    2. James W Chandler
    2 lawyer answers

    The DMV should not order an ignition interlock device for a second reckless driving conviction even when reduced from DUI if it was not made part of the plea agreement with the State and the Judge did not add that provision at the time of sentencing. I would disagree with the last post that claimed if you blew over .15 but still got a reckless driving conviction (as opposed to DUI), you could be subjected to the ignition interlock device. The ignition interlock device can only be required by...

    Selected as best answer

  4. I was arrested for a felony and the case resulted in adjudication withheld can I pass a background check for a weapon purchase.

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Jason A Hicks
    2. Betty Elaine Jones
    3. Colleen M. Glenn
    3 lawyer answers

    If the facts stated in your post are correct, you are NOT a convicted felon. If adjudication was withheld, you were not convicted for that felony. Felons are not allowed to possess a firearm. Since you are not a felon, you should not be disqualified for that reason. So long as there is no other lawful reason why you would be forbidden to possess a firearm, you should be eligible.

    3 lawyers agreed with this answer

  5. Need a criminal defense attorney

    Answered almost 3 years ago.

    1. Anthony Rubino
    2. Jason A Hicks
    3. Michael Eugene Zmijewski
    4. Spencer Rhodes
    5. Lisa Michelle Figueroa
    5 lawyer answers

    I agree with the last attorney that there are many fine public defenders. However, the public defender assigned to your son may not be his first choice of representation. Being randomly assigned an attorney isn't the best method. If your son is charged with a felony, his public defender is probably experienced (probably). If he is charged with a misdemeanor, his attorney might be a recent hire just out of law school with little or no trial experience. You just don't know. Imagine needing a...

    3 lawyers agreed with this answer

  6. How long can you be held in County Jail before seeing a judge on a violation of probation?

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Jason A Hicks
    2. Jeffrey David Boston
    2 lawyer answers

    You can be held with no bond until your violation of probation hearing is held. That could take months depending on the judge's calendar. If you qualify under the Anti-Murder Act then you are ineligible for a bond. You need to consult with an attorney. You probably do qualify for a bond. Usually you will be served with a warrant and sit in jail until the attorney can file a bond motion and get a hearing date. Once the court has room in his calendar to have the hearing, you will be...

    Selected as best answer


    Answered about 3 years ago.

    1. Jason A Hicks
    2. Craig A. Epifanio
    2 lawyer answers

    If you are pulled over for driving while license suspended (DWLS) and you didn't know that your license was suspended when you drove, this is a civil (non-criminal offense) and you are just given a written citation. When you are just given a written citation, if you pay that ticket you will be adjudicated guilty (convicted). Most people do not know that if they get convicted of three DWLS charges within a five year period, they will most certainly have their license revoked by the Department...

    Selected as best answer

  8. I am looking for a lawyer to file a motion to get me off probation early

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Larry Thomas McMillan
    2. Richard G. Canina
    3. Amir A. Ladan
    4. Mark H Randall
    5. Ernest L. Chang
    6. ···
    7 lawyer answers

    Sir, I am a Brevard County criminal defense attorney and former local prosecutor. I handle these matters routinely. Feel free to call me at my office: 321-868-2585 or my 24 hr cell: 407-383-7461 for a free consultation to discuss this case and fee arrangements, etc.

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  9. My son stole from a store contents valued over $400. Police wrote it up as intent to steal and a misdemeanor.

    Answered about 2 years ago.

    1. John Skyler Riordan
    2. Jimmie David Gentle
    3. Mark Nickolas Longwell
    4. Jason A Hicks
    4 lawyer answers

    The other attorneys who posted here are correct in advising the discretion lies with the State Attorney's Office. I can tell you from local experience here in Brevard County that the intake attorney will file a felony if the facts support it. The local culture here is to charge the highest crime in terms of seriousness the facts will support. It is more likely than not that your son will be prosecuted in juvenile court and I would be fall-over surprised if they "direct filed" this case and...

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  10. I need to know what are the consequences for a first offense misdemeanor petit theft?

    Answered almost 3 years ago.

    1. Jason A Hicks
    2. Eric J Trabin
    2 lawyer answers

    In Florida, petit theft is either a first degree misdemeanor, or second degree misdemeanor depending on the value of the item stolen. Since the item you allegedly took is valued at only $52, you will be charged with a second degree misdemeanor petit theft. Second degree misdemeanors are the most minor criminal charges on the books in Florida. However, this theft is still a criminal charge, and considered a crime of dishonesty. As a second degree misdemeanor, the MAXIMUM penalty (not necessarily...

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

    1 person marked this answer as helpful

Call now for a free consultation.