Skip to main content
Margaret Kendra Wagner

Margaret Wagner’s Answers

3 total

  • What does SUSP REPORTED CRIMINAL OFFENSE mean on the register of actions online clerk of court?

    I am on probation, and i periodically get on the clerk of courts website, and check the register of actions, to make sure or to be aware there is nothing new. i got on today and realized that there is now a New Document and it says this exactly...

    Margaret’s Answer

    I usually suggest contacting a local attorney directly to get personal and specific advice about your situation rather than totally relying general advice prior to calling your probation officer (PO) about a potential problem with your probation. Reason being, there maybe more to your situation that an attorney can flush out when speaking with you personally. Additionally, in Brevard County where I practice, attorneys can access some court documents on-line and may be able to look up your case and documents that have been filed in your case and show up under the 'Register of Actions.'. After speaking to a local attorney you may find that your fears are baseless and there's no need to broach the situation with your PO. Or you may find after speaking with an attorney that something is up and the attorney advises you not to speak to your PO without counsel being present. If you are going to try and get information about this without consulting a local attorney first, I recommend that you start with the local Clerk of Court's Office rather than going straight to your PO.

    See question 
  • Has it been your experience that the best plea deals come at the beginning of cases? Criminal defense felony

    I've been told that any litigation could make the prosecutor pull any plea deals off the table (especially civilian depositions). Are the best plea deals at the beginning stages? This is in reference to major crimes (first degree felonies).

    Margaret’s Answer

    A lot of good deals can come at the beginning of the case. Especially if the State Attorney in your area offers a pre-trial diversion program. This program is usually offered at the beginning of the case. In most areas, if you enter into and successfully complete this program the State Attorney will nol pros (drop) the charges. This is an extremely good outcome for your case and, in most areas, this program is usually offered at the beginning stages of a criminal case. If pre-trial diversion is not applicable to your case then it may be in your best interest to push the case to trial to try and get a better offer. You should seek experienced legal council familiar with your area and with extensive trial experience

    See question