Stephen Peter Matzuk’s Answers

Stephen Peter Matzuk

Winter Park Foreclosure Attorney.

Contributor Level 3
  1. Can I join in on a case that is going on that involves a property that I just purchased?

    Answered about 2 years ago.

    1. Jacqueline Alicia Salcines
    2. Stephen Peter Matzuk
    3. Mark Theodore Tischhauser
    3 lawyer answers

    Yes, you can make an appearance into the case as an interested party. However, because the tenant has an attorney, I always suggest retaining an attorney yourself when the other side has representation. Then your counsel can contact the tenant's attorney to discuss next steps going forward and to resolve the matter.

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. Can I negotiate my loan with my lender to market value or is foreclosure my only option?My rental property is $100k under water?

    Answered about 2 years ago.

    1. Radha Rothrock
    2. Stephen Peter Matzuk
    3. Jesse Houston Clark
    4. Matthew Scott Berkus
    4 lawyer answers

    Yes, you have various options. However, because the options can be detailed and complicated I suggest scheduling an appointment with an experienced attorney who handles these matters to discuss your situation further to obtain the best advice possible.

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

  3. I am currently living in a home that was just placed in early foreclosure and would like to know what are my legal rights?

    Answered about 2 years ago.

    1. Jeffrey Alan Klein
    2. Stephen Peter Matzuk
    2 lawyer answers

    Your status in the home depends, among other things, on if you have a valid lease. It is best to consult an experienced foreclosure attorney to determine your rights and protect your interests versus the owner of the home and the mortgage lender.

  4. I'm sued by a credit union for the remainig balance of a foreclosure house. I dont know what to do

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Joshua Eli Adams
    2. Margery Ellen Golant
    3. Stephen Peter Matzuk
    3 lawyer answers

    You should retain an aggressive foreclosure defense attorney who may be able to get the lawsuit dismissed. There may be defects in the complaint and supporting documents which would allow grounds for the case to be dismissed. That would at a minimum greatly increase your negotiating position before having to contemplate bankruptcy.