Antonio G. Tapia, Esq.
Registered Patent Attorney
- Intellectual Property Acquisition and Counseling
- Intellectual Property Transactions
- Wills, Trusts and Estates
- Corporate Formation
- Florida Bar
- Middle District of Florida
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
Emory University School of Law, Atlanta, GA (Top Tier; US News & World Reports)
University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL
(Pre-medical background including research, phlebotomy and cadaver work
- Bachelor of Science, with University Honors, Biology
- Bachelor of Science, with University Honors, Psychology
Seminole State College, Legal Studies Program, Sanford, FL
- Adjunct Professor, Selected Studies in Law: Intellectual Property
- American MENSA
- Orange County Bar Association
- Osceola County Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- Metropolitan Business Association
- MBA Referral Exchange Development Group
- CFGALLA - Board Member
Volunteering and Interests
- Florida Supreme Court Justice Teaching
- Teen Court Judge
- Lecturer and Guest Speaker: Culture and Technology Intellectual Property Component, Rollins College
- Constitutional and Legal Issues for Alternative Family Structure.
AGT LAW, P.A., Attorney, Maitland, FL
- Patent prosecution, patentability searches, opinions. Trademark and Copyright filing and counseling.
- Wills, trusts and estates, and corporate formation.
Gillespie Kerr, P.A., Attorney of Counsel, Kissimmee, FL
- Criminal defense, civil litigation, wills, trusts and estates, and corporate formation.
Federal criminal and EEOC cases.
- Representated Spanish speaking clients of the firm.
Office of the State Attorney, 9th Judicial Circuit, Assistant State Attorney, Orlando, FL
- Prosecuted cases including Felony, County and Juvenile; Orange and Osceola County; Cases ranged from traffic offenses up to Attempted First Degree Murder.
Advanced quickly in organization: Won first felony case third day on the job; Given solo division by the end of first year; Prosecuted (F1) Attempted First Degree murder case by the end of second year.
- Trusted with cases that garnered media attention and appeared on television.
- Selected to assist training Saint Cloud Police Department in DUI law issues.
Antonio G. Tapia, P.A., Solo Practice, Orlando, FL
- Negotiated on behalf of medical doctors against American Health Care Administration.
- Executed private estate, including property transactions, trust administration, wills and codicils.
- Drafted commercial lease agreements and amended bylaws for a Florida for profit corporation.
Georgia Lawyers for the Arts, Bureau of Cultural Affairs, City Hall East, Atlanta, GA
Largest VLA in the South East US focussing on artist and non-profit issues.
- Managed cases and referrals for 700+ member attorneys.
Publications and Articles
- Are Patent Fees Tax Deductible? What Does a Patent Attorney Need to Know About the Internal Revenue Code? November 18, 2010. http://tacticalip.com/2010/11/19/are-patent-fees-tax-deductible/
- N-cadherin: a modern model and analysis on signals/factors as regulators of adhesion, University of Central Florida Press, College of Arts and Sciences
- European Union: Towards a Community Patent;
- Jewish Law: Refuah She’einah Bedukah: Jewish Medical Ethics and Experimental Treatment; Negotiations: Om Mani Power Hum: The Role of Power in the Historic Negotiation Between Mao Zedong and Tenzin Gyatso, His Holiness the Fourteenth Dalai Lama, in the 1950’s;
- Sexuality and Gender Law: Florida and the Least Detrimental Alternative: Gay Adoption and Florida