Kenneth Edward Andrews’s Answers

Kenneth Edward Andrews

Altamonte Springs Criminal Defense Attorney.

Contributor Level 3
  1. The halt of deportation for "dreamers" What to expect from these new changes?

    Answered almost 3 years ago.

    1. Kenneth Edward Andrews
    2. Kyndra L. Mulder
    3. Robert West
    4. Mary Carmen Remigio Madrid-Crost
    5. J Charles Ferrari
    5 lawyer answers

    As you can understand our office has received numerous calls regarding the new policy change. As has already been explained, although the policy went ointo effect immediately, nothing can be affirmatively done until 60 days from the July 15, 2012 announcement. This is because we are all awaiting the Department of Homeland Security's procedures. We are all waiting for the specifics.

    3 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. What are we looking at for penalty's???? jail time? We've never been arrested before and never committed any other crime.

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Kenneth Edward Andrews
    2. John Skyler Riordan
    3. Craig A. Epifanio
    3 lawyer answers

    In Seminole County the prosecutors I have dealt with are fair and will usually listen to my clients side of the case. These prosecutors will also generally look to see what prior convictions the defendant has. In your case, you indicated that you have never been arrested before. I don't know the facts of your case, but the fact that you have no prior arrests is helpful. Remember, the State has the burden of proving their case against you. Your question immediately asks about the penalties...

    Selected as best answer

  3. Could someone explain to me this new law for immigration ? will it help an illegal who is married with children in the U.S how

    Answered almost 3 years ago.

    1. Kyndra L. Mulder
    2. Kenneth Edward Andrews
    3. Rebecca T White
    4. Hans Burgos
    5. Obadan Unuigbojie Iziokhai
    5 lawyer answers

    As you have heard by now the new policy changes effect someone who entered the US before they turned 16, are not over 30 years old and have been in the US at least 5 years. It doesn't matter if the person is married or has children. If you do not fall into this category there may still be avenues of relief for you depending on the length of time in the US and the what hardships will occur to your spouse and children (depending on their status in the US). It would be best to contact an...

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

  4. What do I need to do to expunge a aggravated assault & battery charge off my record it's 20 years old

    Answered 3 months ago.

    1. Kendall Lance Horween
    2. Michael Adam Haber
    3. Kenneth Edward Andrews
    4. Oladeji Oluyomi Bolaji
    4 lawyer answers

    You can not expunge your charge because you can only expunge a case if it was dismissed by the State. There are circumstances when someone can have their record sealed. The key questions to know is 1. Did you have adjudication withheld, 2. Do you have any other convictions and 3. what is the nature of the criminal charge against you. Your charge was a felony. In Florida if a judge adjudicated you guilty then you would be considered a convicted felon. If, however, the court withheld...

  5. Pre-trial diversion program completed 1995, in 2012 google shows my (pic) mugshot, how can this get removed after all these yrs?

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Bryce Aric Fetter
    2. Mark H Randall
    3. Kenneth Edward Andrews
    4. Amanda Powers Sellers
    4 lawyer answers

    I called the Florida Bar ethics number about this issue about a client a short time ago. I explained that I had expunged a case for the client but her mugshot was still showing up on these websites. The woman I spoke to seemed surprised by this news and advised that I had done everything available by law. These website are getting the mugshots from the jail websites then posting them and asking for money to remove them. It is similar to the class bully taking your money to "protect" you from...

  6. I am a natural citizen of the U.S. and i want to get married. My fiance is an illegal immagrant who entered the U.S. illegally.

    Answered almost 3 years ago.

    1. Kenneth Edward Andrews
    2. Gintare Grigaite
    3. Marc Damien Sean Taylor
    4. Susan A. Glover
    4 lawyer answers

    As is usual there is not a simple answer to your Immigration question. Typically, a person who entered the US without inspection cannot adjust status with marraige. That doesn't mean that your fiance is without options. There are several circumstances that may allow her to stay in the United States, however, they are very fact specific and probably requires a visit to an attorney in order to cover them all.