Raymond Stanley Baker Jr.’s Answers

Raymond Stanley Baker Jr.

Brunswick Litigation Lawyer.

Contributor Level 2
  1. My school won't let me play football because I'm a girl....I really want to play. Is there any laws I could bring up?

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Raymond Stanley Baker Jr.
    1 lawyer answer

    Female students suing for the right to participate on all male sports teams have had mixed results. However, because football is a sport where an equivalent opportunity to play the same sport on an all female team usually does not exist, you may have a strong argument under federal constitutional law as well as state education law. If you are serious about pursuing this goal, you and your parents need to get the advice of a qualified education lawyer. I would be happy to discuss your case with...

  2. What should we do? Have our rights been violated in regards to IEP/504 plan

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Todd Bruce Kotler
    2. Raymond Stanley Baker Jr.
    3. Matthew Brandon Trail
    3 lawyer answers

    I fully agree that in a situation such as this that both school districts should be contacted immediately and that the contact should be in writing. A parent in this situation can also request that the school district provide all student records for their child, and the District must comply. Parents in this situation should be sure that they make polite yet forceful written communications with the District. If the parent does not receive a satisfactory response or if they fell the...

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer