Robert W. Chambers III
1370 Thompson Bridge Rd.
(770) 534-1148 (Real Estate)
Rob Chambers is a founding partner of the law firm of Coleman and Chambers, LLP and is a well-respected lawyer in Gainesville, Hall County and throughout the State of Georgia.
Over the course of Rob's distinguished legal career, he has had the honor of serving the people of Hall County as a State Court Judge, Flowery Branch, Georgia as their City Attorney, his fellow attorneys of Hall and Dawson County as their representative on the Georgia State Bar Board of Governors and the Superior Court of Hall County as a real estate litigation Special Master to help resolve complicated real estate disputes.
While a judge, Rob Chambers gained an extremely valuable insider's viewpoint of the judicial system while presiding over important matters such as: medical malpractice claims, automobile accidents/ car wrecks, trucking accidents (18 wheelers), contract disputes, driving under the influence charges (D.U.I.), speeding tickets and numerous other criminal and civil cases.
In an effort to focus on meeting the needs of his clients at Coleman and Chambers, LLP, Rob retired from the Hall County State Court and has turned his focus to the areas of Real Estate Purchases, Real Estate Litigation, Construction/ Development, Contracts, Business Law, Eminent Domain (condemnation) and as a former Judge, Rob also supervises our Criminal Defense and Civil Litigation departments (including general litigation and serious injury cases).
Even before the recent United States Supreme Court ruling on Eminent Domain, Rob was and is on the cutting edge of fighting for our clients' property rights against the State and local governments that attempt to take away land without just compensation. Mr. Chambers has dedicated the better part of his practice fighting for just and adequate compensation for landowners, tenants, and businesses alike. Mr. Chambers recently attended an Eminent Domain seminar in Atlanta that discusses many of the issues surrounding this little known area of law. Chambers, whose knowledge is extensive in the area of Condemnation Law, feels it is always worthwhile to maintain the utmost cutting edge when fighting on behalf of landowners against those such as Georgia Power and The Georgia Department of Transportation. More often than not, the ultimate decision makers conclude that the money offered by Condemnors (those seizing private lands) seriously undervalue the total worth of the "taking". Many Landowners are entitled to an award of money in excess of the raw land value and absolutely must consult an expert to determine their total losses which may include damages to the remaining lands (consequential damages) and potential business and unique losses. The methods of obtaining just and adequate compensation are becoming more and more complex and Landowners should consider the assistance of an attorney that is familiar with the Eminent Domain proceedings. While progress is vital, it should not come at the expense of property owners.
Over the last two decades, Rob Chambers has practiced in courts throughout Georgia including the Superior Courts of Hall County (Gainesville, Oakwood, Flowery Branch), Lumpkin County (Dahlonega), Dawson County (Dawsonville), White County (Cleveland), Habersham County (Cornelia, Clarkesville), Jackson County (Jefferson), Forsyth County (Cumming), Gwinnett County (Lawrenceville, Buford) and the municipal courts of Gainesville, Flowery Branch, Oakwood, Buford, Dahlonega and more.
If you are searching for a well respected lawyer for your Business Litigation, Business Planning, Eminent Domain, Zoning, Construction Litigation, Contract disputes, Real Estate Closing, Real Estate Litigation, Personal Injury or Criminal Charges, please contact attorney Rob Chambers via e-mail or by phone at our office in Gainesville, Hall County, Georgia.
Areas of Practice:
- Eminent Domain/ Condemnation-Government Taking, Just Compensation-Georgia
- DOT Projects-Landowner, Business, Consequential Damages, Compensation-Georgia
- Landowner's Rights-Hall, Jackson, White, Lumpkin, Banks, Habersham and Georgia
- Development, Zoning, Condemnation, Municipal
- Construction Litigation-Gainesville, Cleveland, Clarkesville, Habersham-Georgia
- Real Property Law-Gainesville, Hoschton, Braselton, Jackson, Habersham-Georgia
- Personal Injury-Gainesville, Cornelia, Clarkesville, Commerce, Braselton-GA
- Criminal Law-Gainesville, Cleveland, Homer, Jefferson, Banks, Jackson, Toccoa-GA
- Corporate Law-Litigation, Business Disputes, Partnership Disputes-Georgia
- Contract Law-Breach, Enforcement, Damages, Fraud, Fault-Georgia
- Damages-Attorneys Fees, Cost of Litigation, Fraud, Rescission
- 70% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Georgia, 1990
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1991
- Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law, Macon, Georgia
- Mercer University, Macon, Georgia
Major: Political Science
- Gainesville College, Gainesville, Georgia
- Golden Triangle Investments, LLC
- AOS Office Solutions, Inc.
- C.D. Noble Construction, Inc.
- J.W. Brooks Construction, Inc.
- Krystal (Local Counsel)
- Landscape Management, Inc.
- Brett Hensley, Suntrust Mortgage
- Approved Closing Counsel for SunTrust Bank
- Approved Closing Counsel for Branch Banking & Trust
- Approved Closing Counsel for Regions Bank
- Approved Closing Counsel for Well Fargo Mortgage
- Approved Closing Counsel for Countrywide
- Approved Closing Counsel for Southpoint Financial Services, Inc.
- Approved Closing Counsel for Wachovia
- Travis L. Rogers, Kabat Enterprises, Inc. and Franville, Inc.
- Thomas Gay, Protein Products, Inc.
- Rick Frasier, Vice President, Regions Bank
- Bill Perry, President, Advanced Office Solutions
- Charles Jenkins, District 8 State Representative
- Lana Nix, President, SunTrust Bank
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- State Bar of Georgia
- Board of Governors Local Representative for Hall and Dawson Counties
- State Bar of Georgia, 2002 - Present
- State Finance Committee
- Northeastern Judicial Circuit Court, 1998 - 2003
- State Court Judge
- Young Lawyers, Northeastern Judicial Circuit, 1998 - Present
- Gainesville Jaycees, 1991 - 1995
- Member, Board of Directors
- Gainesville College, 1995 - 1996
- Member, Board of Trustees
- Gainesville College Alumni Council, 1997 - Present
- Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Hall, 1993
- Current Member
- Hall County Chamber of Commerce, 1999 - Present
- Member, Infrastructure Committee
- First United Methodist Church
Past Employment Positions:
- State Court of Hall County, Georgia, Judge, 1998 - 2002
- City of Flowery Branch, Georgia, City Attorney, 1997 - 1999
- Kappa Alpha
- Phi Delta Phi