C. Allen Yates’s Answers

C. Allen Yates

Atlanta Criminal Defense Attorney.

Contributor Level 3
  1. Can I be sued in small claims court in Indiana when I reside in GA?

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Darrell Brinnett Reynolds Sr.
    2. C. Allen Yates
    3. Adam Jay Jaffe
    3 lawyer answers

    My best advice is to hire an attorney in Indiana to represent you. I agree that there is a problem with proper service of the summons on a 17 year old minor.

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

  2. Could there be legal ramifications against me from a lawsuit I filed against someone if I exposed them on TV?

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Ashley Anne Digiulio
    2. C. Allen Yates
    2 lawyer answers

    If you were to make statements whether spoken or written about the upstairs condo owner, you could subject yourself to a lawsuit for defamation. A claim for defamation requires 4 elements: (1) a false and defamatory statement concerning the plaintiff; (2) an unprivileged communication to a third party; (3) fault by the defendant amounting at least to negligence; and (4) special harm or the actionability of the statement irrespective of special harm. While it is highly unlikely that...

  3. A mechanic shop wants to refund my cost for an engine and labor after botching the job. Can I ask them for rental costs as well?

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. C. Allen Yates
    1 lawyer answer

    You can ask them to provide for a rental or any other expenses that you feel are justified depending on the terms of any contract for service that you may have signed. It seems to me that you should ask them to replace the engine at their expense and provide you a rental car while the vehicle is being repaired.

  4. How can I find a lawyer to help me with a civil suit in this matter when the fees to consult a lawyer are astronomical?

    Answered about 2 years ago.

    1. Stephen Fulton Shaw
    2. Daniel Nelson Deasy
    3. C. Allen Yates
    3 lawyer answers

    I am sorry to hear about your injuries. Fortunately, many personal injury attorneys do not charge anything for a short, typically 30 minute, consultation. Additionally, most injury attorneys will charge based on a percentage of any amounts recovered for you; this is called a "contingency fee". If the attorney does not recover money for you, you will not owe anything to the attorney. If your accident happened in South Carolina, consult a South Carolina personal injury attorney as soon as...

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer