James Yeargan is one of the most respected and sought after DUI attorneys in the state. His successful defense record and unprecedented devotion to his clients has earned him this honor. Mr. Yeargan’s reputation as a tenacious DUI practitioner coupled with his remarkable trial strategy and indomitable presence in the courtroom have earned him the moniker “DUI Jim” throughout the Atlanta community, and Georgia at large. Whether he is defending a client in the farmlands of South Georgia, or defending the wrongfully accused in the foothills of the Appalachians DUI Jim is always there for his clients. “I go wherever my clients need me,” says Jim. “No case is too big, and no case is too small. When you’re in trouble, and you need me; I’m there.” It’s this dedication to his clients that makes Mr. Yeargan’s DUI practice so unique and sought after. You won’t find another attorney this dedicated to their clients.
After completing his undergraduate education at Emory University, and legal education at Mercer University, Mr. Yeargan spent the next 3 years as a DUI and drug prosecutor in the City of Atlanta. After excelling in the courtroom, Jim began his own training at the Georgia Police Academy. There he received certifications in Field Sobriety Testing, Intoxilyzer 5000 operations, Laser and Radar Operator’s Training, and various DUI and Drug Courses.
After completing this training, Jim received his highest honor; Jim was asked to become an instructor at the Georgia Police Academy. “I was beside myself when I got the news, remarks Jim. Even though he is now a DUI defense attorney, Jim still instructs at the Police Academy in the areas of DUI Law and Courtroom Case Preparation and Presentation.
If you’re faced with a DUI, drug, or other traffic charge it’s very important that you hire a lawyer. While you can hire any attorney wouldn’t you rather hire one who knows both sides of prosecution and defense? Wouldn’t you rather hire an attorney who not only knows the cops, but has also trained them? Wouldn’t you rather hire an attorney who has spent all night on the road working with the officers in your case? Wouldn’t you rather hire an attorney who has worked with and trained the prosecutor in your case? If you do, then call James “DUI Jim” Yeargan.
- Former DUI Prosecutor
- Assigned to Atlanta’s DUI Prosecutorial Task Force
- Atlanta DUI Task Force
- Georgia State Patrol Task Force
- Police Academy DUI Instructor
- DUI Prosecutor Instructor
- Atlanta DUI Advisory Task Force Committee Chairmain
- Certified NHTSA Field Sobriety Testing
- Certified NHTSA Field Sobriety Testing Instructor
- Certified Intoxilyzer 5000 Operator
- Certified DUI and Drugs
- Certified DUI Detection
- Laser Operator
- Radar Operator
- NHTSA Drug Recognition Expert Pre-Course
- NHTSA Drug Recognition Expert Course
- Graduate, National College for DUI Defense Harvard University
- Jurisprudential Member, American Academy of Forensic Scientists (AAFS)
- Provisional Member, International Association for Chemical Testing
- Member, National College for DUI Defense
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, American Trial Lawyer’s Association
- Member, Atlanta Bar Association
- Member, National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Member, Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Member, Gate City Bar Association