Shaun Ryan Yancey’s Answers

Shaun Ryan Yancey

Atlanta Litigation Lawyer.

Contributor Level 2
  1. How do you revoke a general power of attorney?

    Answered almost 3 years ago.

    1. Glen Edward Ashman
    2. Elmer H. Young III
    3. Robert M. Gardner Jr.
    4. Shaun Ryan Yancey
    5. Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.
    5 lawyer answers

    First, you should always consult an attorney when dealing with power of attorney issues. Social workers may not fully understand power of attorney forms and agreements. Generally, power of attorney forms will state in the document the method for revoking them and how to give notice to the person holding it. If the original power of attorney form is silent on that issue, she can sign a power of attorney revocation form to revoke the original power of attorney and then sign a new one to you,...

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. Do I have to file taxes every year? Even if I was advised not to by children and families.

    Answered almost 3 years ago.

    1. Steven J. Fromm
    2. Shaun Ryan Yancey
    3. Paul Arnold Nidich
    3 lawyer answers

    If you had gross income over the filing threshold for those years, then you are required to file your federal and state taxes accordingly. Child support issues have no bearing on your federal and state tax liability. However, the IRS is usually willing to settle the unpaid amount. This is called an Offer in Compromise. However, if you contact the IRS before you are audited, the Service may be more willing to settle for a reasonable amount of money. If you wait until you are audited, the IRS...

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer